SkySim Hawk

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

paulb
Meteor
Meteor

Re: SkySim Hawk

Post by paulb »

No problem Dave. I just didn't want you to think that I had not tried to upload here - especially as you and Ben were so kind re the repaint pack.

paulb
Meteor
Meteor

Post by paulb »

Just a quick update - I have now finished five of the seven 'TWU grey' reserve/shadow squadrons - two more to go! If anyone is interested, pics are up at Simouthouse :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Paul :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

paulb
Meteor
Meteor

Post by paulb »

if anyone is interested - all seven 'grey' TWU repaints are now up at Flightsim.com - one for each shadow/reserve squadron that flew the Hawk.

Cheers
Paul

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Thanks Paul :thumbsup:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

miker32159
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Help with Skysim Hawk paintkit

Post by miker32159 »

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, having been attracted by the amazing freeware on offer here :hello:

I've recently downloaded the Skysim Hawk paintkit from CBFSim, but repaints show up all black when the aircraft is loaded in FSX. I've saved as a 24-bit BMP image then opened in DXTBMP, flipped the image and saved as DXT5. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the same problems. I've double checked the .CFG file and all entries I've made in there are correct, any ideas?

Thanks, Mike :)

miker32159
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by miker32159 »

Hi all, I tried posting a topic on the forum but I don't know what happened to it :lol:

I can't get the paintkit for the Skysim Hawk to work, I save everything as a 24-bit BMP then flip and convert to DXT5 using DXTBMP, although in FSX the aircraft shows up plain black. I'm not sure what's happened, as I have checked the .CFG entries and they're all correct :( Any advice?

Thanks, Mike :)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Mike,

Welcome aboard. The forum requires that the first couple of posts from new users are approved by moderators, hence why it wasn't showing up earlier. ;)

With regards the Hawk, was it the paint kit or the Repaint Pack that you downloaded? A paint kit is provided for others to repaint the aircraft, so contains no liveries. The repaint pack is the one that contains the additional repaints. :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Help with Skysim Hawk paintkit

Post by DaveB »

Hi Mike :)

I have the model but haven't tried the PK. I'll download it and take a look. The answer is probably a simple one but these, as we all know, are not always obvious ;)

EDIT: Just a thought.. did you also copy a texture.cfg file from a 'like' paint into the new texture folder?
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

miker32159
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by miker32159 »

Ah I see about the post, sorry!

Yeah, it's the paintkit used to create repaints, I copied one of the Red Arrow .CFG entries and changed the "texture=" entry. I'm totally stumped!