Bristol 170 Superfreighter

A quiet place for budding model makers to share thoughts, get answers to questions and request and share references.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Bristol 170 Superfreighter

Post by Garry Russell »

No worries :)

Mike Stones doors do open *-)

Shift E2 to open the cargo doors.

Mine will not have a VC either :worried:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

trewinb
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by trewinb »

Developer's perogative. After flying David Maltby's BAC111 in VC I have become a complete addict, but nevertheless I installed your SUPERfreighter and took her for a spin (my wife thinks I am working so it was a short circuit) and what a beauty! I did crash the flight simulator opening the doors in midflight, but I would guess that it was a stupid thing to do anyway.

I have now read all 21 pages of this thread and am amazed at how polite you are explaining to more idiots than just myself that this is a Superfreighter and not a !!!!!! Freighter. Nevertheless, just another (polite) request for continuing when time permits and issuing the short nosed version as well. In the meantime I will apologise to Mike Stone as well and nip upstairs to my old computer and open those clamdoors in FS9. I lost disc 1 in house renovations and cannot reload FS9 onto my new computer, hence the long delayed shift to FSX. I have a winter's project ahead reworking my Lockheed 14H2 to display properly in FSX (none of the interior textures display). Long learning curve ahead of me. Are you aware of any good FSDS3.5 tutorials regarding FSX issues?

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Unfortunately apart for other issues, my machine is refusing to behave properly making the more complex models a bit of a difficulty at the moment

That problem should be addressed soon

To make a short nose Freighter is a major rebuild and is in the queue behind the Canadair CL-44

I surprised about the computer crash opening the doors.if you mean the nose doors, then they should be able to be opened in the air as that is wingfold *-)

Sorry I can't help you with FSX as as I know nothing about it....... :hide:
Garry

trewinb
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by trewinb »

Thanks Gary, I don't know why it crashed. It was on the first circuit barely off the runway at Manchester and I believe the message was 'building crash' . No buildings in the vicinity BUT maybe I veered off slightly and hit the radar tower by the edge of the runway.

Keep up the good work. I'll look forward to the CL 44 then, and wait patiently for the other. I grew up near Canadair's main facility at Cartierville airport in Montreal. Right on the flight path.

(I wonder what ever happened to the Freighter version 'Steve' was building. The internal detail made me worry a bit about framerates though. Besides it was to be Payware).

trewinb
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by trewinb »

Not the right place perhaps, but that crash at Manchester; nothing to do with the Bristol of course. I tried to use the same runway with a Viscount yeterday and the building crash occurred every time. There must be a scenery fault.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

OK Thanks........ *-)

Could be an invisible building or fuel station or something.

Maybe turn crash off *-)
Garry

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

I believe there is a default 'crash-box' size which is applied unless the scenery builder specifies otherwise. The result is that a tall thin object like a GS tower can have a crash box the size of a moderately large hangar, and if any part of your aircraft enters that crash box, well, you get a collision. It is such a common design fault that I routinely fly with crashes turned off. On one occasion I made a near-perfect trip from Sydney to Brisbane in VOZ, and then as I taxied round to the GA area behind the domestic terminal, I got a building crash, even though there was nothing visible within several wingspans of the Howard 500 I was using. :-O :'(
There is another trap - apparently related to the use of SCASM for buildings - where you pan round in Spot View, and discover that if the line of sight from your viewpoint to the cockpit intersects a building or its collision box, you get a building crash.
Don't see that one much these days, though.
ATB
MikeW