The Ministry

Re: PAMA orientation....

Post by DaveB »

I expect by that time everyone will have gone to the dark side :lol:
Wash your mouth out Peter! :lol:

ATB

DaveB ;) B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

:lol:

Well, the kit has been installed and PAMA is back and running well. I can now relax and install the extras at leisure ;)

Out of interest, THANKS for those download links Peter. While the installation is present in Windows.old folder (now running 7) I pulled all the downloaded files over from the other PC (Vista) and I see 7 STILL has the annoying Vista foible of 'Do you want to take ownership?' of any file that comes off another machine.... so I've downloaded again direct so it makes a difference!
Jim

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

Well, a fair few bits to put in yet, but all is well so far :agree:

Looks like a fair bit of trade out in the Russell fjord: Real weather here, quite murky:

on approach

any landing and all that......

quite an apt paint scheme given the testing thats ongoing: no doubt the crew are getting instructions from the Airport manager. The sharks are NOT yet installed :lol:
Jim

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Well done Jim ;) Incidentally.. the Budgie is no stranger to PAMA. I did all my cold weather beta-test flying out of there :thumbsup:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

HI Dave

Yup, the 748 is just about perfect for the area..... apart from being a superb model, it has a cruising speed that lets you take in the scenery.. none of this FL400 jet nonsense :lol:

It also lets me have a bit of time to react ;) ... and enjoy the view.... currently at 1900 feet 3NM off Gustavus on the way to PAJN :rock:
Jim

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

There are a few AI Budgies whistling around too :)
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

jonesey2k wrote:There are a few AI Budgies whistling around too :)
Indeed...Jonesey and I set up a small freighting business at the far end of the GA apron...It is operated by Budgies and Dash 8s :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hmm..

I had a look at PAMA this afternoon (not having time to fly anywhere I fancied on the VA) and it did look like Jim's screenshot.. perhaps worse! :-O I really don't know how it got to this state but having caused an FS9 error, I've reluctantly rounded up as much as I could find and removed it :( Odd seeing the area 'au natural' again after quite a few years. Poor Hermes will have to go too as I can't stand the thought of her lying off on her Jack Jones. Something odd is going on too in the form of a flatten (like a trench) running in a straight line from Hermes down to and beyond RAWL.. just a little below sea level and wide enough to fly down, cutting through mountains for many many miles! Strange but true :-O

I think this serves as a warning :lol:

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

That happened shortly after the experiment to try and render her "invisible"... :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

DaveB wrote:Hmm..

I had a look at PAMA this afternoon (not having time to fly anywhere I fancied on the VA) and it did look like Jim's screenshot.. perhaps worse! :-O I really don't know how it got to this state but having caused an FS9 error, I've reluctantly rounded up as much as I could find and removed it :( Odd seeing the area 'au natural' again after quite a few years. Poor Hermes will have to go too as I can't stand the thought of her lying off on her Jack Jones. Something odd is going on too in the form of a flatten (like a trench) running in a straight line from Hermes down to and beyond RAWL.. just a little below sea level and wide enough to fly down, cutting through mountains for many many miles! Strange but true :-O
Yeah Dave,

That trench was associated with Hermes...I got rid of the trench by removing Hermes...Strange really is it didn't run in the direction of the flight deck but at 90 degrees to it and only off to the right...It never got round the world and back to Hermes on the left :lol: