PAMA orientation....

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: PAMA orientation....

Post by DaveB »

Well I did mention that trench some years ago but nobody believed me :wall:
It's not a case of believing or disbelieving Peter.. you either notice it or you don't. I can't think of a single person here who would or could state you'd say something for the sake of it (and I'm slightly pee'ved you might think that) 8)

While my intention was to make my FS9 load on this pc identical to that of the old one (notwithstanting a certain amount of chaff that always 'sticks'.. that is, wheat and chaff.. not the anti radar stuff!).. it never happened and truth to tell, I doubt anyone ever gets one load the same as a previous one.. we're not that perfect and there's always something we don't like or have installed (as an auto install) and don't know where a particular artifact came from.

:|

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Peter, Dave -
I finally tracked down George's trench thing. It was in a long thread about St Kilda and other islands either having no mesh or disappearing altogether (like Hy Brasil :agree: )
Anyway, this is the key sentence from George's finding:
"BTW I've solved my problem of no mesh. I had created a series of waypoints to create a typical RAF re-fuelling pattern over the Irish Sea and one of the flattens was right over St Kilda "

What George actually had was no mesh, or all mesh flattened, west of 6W - but this might be a clue to cause of the PAMA one :dunno:

ATB
MikeW

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

DaveB wrote:While my intention was to make my FS9 load on this pc identical to that of the old one (notwithstanting a certain amount of chaff that always 'sticks'.. that is, wheat and chaff.. not the anti radar stuff!).. it never happened and truth to tell, I doubt anyone ever gets one load the same as a previous one.. we're not that perfect and there's always something we don't like or have installed (as an auto install) and don't know where a particular artifact came from.

:|

DaveB B)smk
Spot on Dave.... the thing is so much of FS is 'evolved' with every installation unique. Unless you have the time and a fully catalogued set of backup files, it's nigh in impossible to get an exact replication of a previous install..... better to do it over time (and if most of us are honest, we could probably always trim some of our installations))...

As for the trench... well, I've not had Ark at PAMA, but, I installed PAMA about a couple of days before I posted this thread, and it just so happened I got T/O from RW13, now I took off a handful of times but paid little attention and it was only when I was coming in to LAND I noticed the fact that something was not quite right..... 8)

I've no doubt (in this case) with the size of Glacier bay, one could very easily fly around happily and not see any trench....
Jim

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Well now I'm really confused...I'll pop out there today and see if I still have the trench *-)

forthbridge
Concorde
Concorde

Post by forthbridge »

petermcleland wrote:Well now I'm really confused...I'll pop out there today and see if I still have the trench *-)

Sorry - not meaning to give the impression I have the trench... I don't (to my knowledge)... I was referring to the fact I did not notice (even with taking off from 13) that PAMA wasn't merged properly until I 'looked' - so If I can miss that, then its entirely possible depending where you tinkr around in GB that you could miss any trench that may be there..... :agree:
Jim

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

The 'trench' should be gone (or not there) with Hermes removed as Peter said. Much depends on what scenery you have up there as to how defined it is. On my old XP3200.. I had PAMA and UT Canada/Alaska and it's not really noticeable with 20-30nm vis. There is no mini trench leading off from Hermes.. the water is completely flat and the gap between two rock formations in the distance looks completely natural. On the new pc.. as well as NOT having many of Peters original files loaded.. I don't think I got around to installing UT Canada/Alaska but I do have Glacier Bay v2 and the trench is (was) very much more defined causing a slight indent in the water throughout it's entire length.

Odd things can still happen Jim depending on what underlying mesh you're using and what combination of other addons you have installed but this particular trench shouldn't be one of them ;) I revisited what was PAMA this morning and with the removal of Hermes.. the trench has gone and the area is back to the wild once more. I still have Glacier Bay v2 loaded even though the chances of me going there again are slimmer than the slimmest model on a very slim day :)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Well I have just been out there and had a look and the Trench has definitely disappeared from my system :) I'm certain that it went with the carrier but that was a long time ago now 0:)