JF DC-3 released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

JF DC-3 released

Post by J0hn »

Also just happens to coincide with the 75th anniversary of its maiden flight:

http://www.key.aero/view_feature.asp?ID ... ction=home

You can get a 15% rebate onsite, or a 20% rebate if you subscribe to their newsletter.

I am personally gonna wait until they have a better price reduction as, as fine a model as I'm sure it will be, I'm quite happy with the default Dakota, for the amount I fly it (i.e. rarely).

I know you all know where the JF site is...

JD

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Re: JF DC-3 released

Post by DarrenL »

Ditto.

I'm happy enough with the default DC-3s plus the Awesome 4Some addon.

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Post by dodger »

Hi ,

i'm sure people know about the DC3 from MAAM, i love flying their model its one if not the best for Payware along with the North American B25 Mitchell,

I'm afraid i am very wary of Payware models as i have found to my cost over the years! but i would highly recommend MAAM's aircraft, and the $ goes to a good cause,

Just my two pennies,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

There is a new freeware Dak being developed at the moment too!! :)

It looks very promising :excited:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

Brought the JF DC3. Had to uninstall as kept getting an out of memory problem involving Simconnect. When I uses Revo Uninstaller it
stated there were files used by it and my Tongass Fjiords program. Perhaps there is a conflict. I will keep you posted. I am waiting for a new screen when it arrives I will re-install and see what happens.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

From feedback I am seeing, it is another case of 'for a lick of paint (read beta testing) the ship was lost'. It seems that some freeware models are better tried and tested than payware ones nowadays.

I often think that the developer does not want to lose a single sale, so does not let anyone outside his inner team look at it, unless it is paid for!
ATB Trev

Felixx62
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Felixx62 »

The default DC-3 is cool, especially with Norman Hancocks Gyro/HSI panel. This was a recent find for me i knew he had done this panel for the MAAM DC-3, but didnt realise he had done the same for the default DC-3. Very nice repaints out there too using Mark Beaumonts enhanced offerings. Thankyou.....