The King's Speech

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

fran65
Lightning
Lightning

The King's Speech

Post by fran65 »

Hi all gents, :)
I saw last night The King's Speech. I think one of the best movies I've seen.
I did not know the personal story of King George VI and his wife Queen Elizabeth, and the movie (and an extraordinary Colin Firth) make a portrait of a great man also supported by a strong woman, aware of its huge responsibilities and perhaps oppressed by these, but determined to get over its limitations. Perhaps, since I am not English, I feel differently the history of your Country: I'd like to know your opinion.
:hello:
Francesco

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: The King's Speech

Post by DaveB »

Hi Fran :hello:

I've not seen the film but it's been well received by all who've seen it as far as I can tell. Basically.. a good story well told ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

tango234
Viscount
Viscount

Post by tango234 »

Speaking as someone who saw it at the weekend, its brilliant :agree:

And apparently HM the Queen was touched by Colin Firths portrayal of King George VI, so I think they got it pretty well spot on ;)

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

I have also seen this film and would say that it is among the best films that I have ever seen.There has been some debate as to the historical accuracy,but you know us Brits,we like nothing better than knocking a success story.Whatever, it has to be said that the quality of acting by all the cast,in particularly Colin Firth,Geoffrey Rush and Helene Bonham-Carter was brilliant.I always have cynical doubts when a production receives so much publicity,but in this case it was well deserved.Phew,that was a bit serious! :) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

It's very well made as well, a director than can produce long single takes across moving scenes shows the talent of cast and crew.

Can't stand the trend these days for wobbly action shots and cuts to different cameras and views every 2 seconds.