It makes my blood boil..!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: It makes my blood boil..!

Post by jonesey2k »

When I used to commute to work on the trains, I would never give up my seat of course...

Because I would never make it to a seat to be able too! :lol:

It was fun standing in the gangway with one foot in each carriage, especially over the rough points and track going into Liverpool Lime Street :)
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

simondix
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by simondix »

I think manners have gone out of the window. How may people say thank you when you stop and let them cross at a Zebra crossing. Occassionally I do my Victor Meldrew bit, wind down my window and say 'Thankyou'. They look at you as if you are from a different planet. Perhaps if you have manners, you are nowadays.
Simon

'The trouble with the speed of light is it gets here too early in the morning!' Alfred. E. Neuman

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

Well, perhaps bearing in mind that it is a statutory requirement to afford precedence to pedestrians on an appointed crossing, they see it differently! But I know what you mean, and I try to wave thanks to people who do stop

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

I've got a loud exhaust on my motorbike and a good blast on the throttle when they are crossing will normally get them scrabbling to the other side rather quickly...:xgrin:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Provding they first put a foot on the crossing it is the pedestrians right of way ;)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

ianhind
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ianhind »

They look at you as if you are from a different planet. Perhaps if you have manners, you are nowadays.
I have to remember (when I occasionally visit the office of the company I work for) to just push through open doors ahead of the girls. Otherwise they wonder what I am waiting for :lol:

Felixx62
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Felixx62 »

I wish some of these pedestrians would concentrate on where they are walking. They are soo engrossed in their mobile phones and bloomin texting too. They are oblivious to whats going on around them.. What i wanna know is what do people find to talk about. No wonder these mobile phone companies are making vast profits......If the youth of today make it to old age,its gonna cost a fortune to look after them because there brains are gonna be fried after years and years of mobile phone use.maybe.. :rant:

regards frank..moan over.. :lol:

crisso
Viscount
Viscount

Post by crisso »

I wholly sympathise with Mrs. Vegas predicament and agree with the comments posted here.

Just one other thing though - and please don't take this the wrong way - it's just that people have offered their seats on trains and buses, to what they think are pregnant women - only to discover they're actually just obese - regretably a common condition thesedays...!

VEGAS
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by VEGAS »

crisso wrote: discover they're actually just obese - regretably a common condition thesedays...!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats another story of todays society!

Over the years I have seen one or two people put their foot in it by asking rather large ladies the due date when she was'nt even pregnant. :doh: :$ :$
Image I suffer from paranoid amnesia. I can't remember who I don't trust.Image

Felixx62
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Felixx62 »

Its not really surprising the nations waistband is expanding rapidly. You only have to look at our High Streets in this country,there full of "junk food" outlets. Perhaps its time to introduce a "fat tax" on these establishments. It may not cure the obesity problem,but it certainly would help bring down the deficit a lot quicker.. :lol:

regards Frank..