The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Have More Than 2GB of Memory?

Post by DarrenL »

tango234 wrote:This doesn't work for 64 bit W7 does it? :hide:

I'm always looking for some way to stop random CTDs.
If you have 4GB or more with Win7 64 you could try this - http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Create a copy of your FSX.exe and save it as a backup, then run this on your other fsx.exe and see if you get better results with it.

I've run it on FSX, and many other game exes and not had a single problem running them, yet. So if they needed patching it works for me.

tango234
Viscount
Viscount

Post by tango234 »

Thanks, I'll have a look :thumbsup:

bigred1970
Victor
Victor
Location: Seneca, SC USA about as far NW in South Carolina as you can get.

Post by bigred1970 »

well I just got a new system with 8 gigs and while fsx does run faster, I still can't get even close to maxing the display settings.....
it is really a system hog isn't it....... :((

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

whats your system specs BigRed? I run FSX 90% maximum on my 4 year old PC. Intel QX6700 4GB DDR2 ram (800MHZ) and Nvidia 8800 GTX
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

bigred1970
Victor
Victor

Post by bigred1970 »

Ben Watson wrote:whats your system specs BigRed? I run FSX 90% maximum on my 4 year old PC. Intel QX6700 4GB DDR2 ram (800MHZ) and Nvidia 8800 GTX

Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1045T Processor, 2700 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB not sure what ram it is
graphic card ATI Radeon HD 5450
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

I think my card is just so so and isn't windows 7 a system hog. my windows experience is 5.0 for areo graphics and 6.2 for gaming graphics those are my two lowest scores.

my motherboard also has a inactive onboard graphic card. is there a way to tie them together

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

bigred1970 wrote:
Ben Watson wrote:whats your system specs BigRed? I run FSX 90% maximum on my 4 year old PC. Intel QX6700 4GB DDR2 ram (800MHZ) and Nvidia 8800 GTX

Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1045T Processor, 2700 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB not sure what ram it is
graphic card ATI Radeon HD 5450
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

I think my card is just so so and isn't windows 7 a system hog. my windows experience is 5.0 for areo graphics and 6.2 for gaming graphics those are my two lowest scores.

my motherboard also has a inactive onboard graphic card. is there a way to tie them together
?!?!? You have twice the memory as me and 2 more cores but I run FSX pretty much maxxed out and have lots of heavy scenery, FPS heavy aircraft and effects on.

These are my score, only my hard disk slows me down. You've got a bottleneck somewhere.

Or perhaps your graphics card is the bottleneck?

bigred1970
Victor
Victor

Post by bigred1970 »

I am pretty sure my card is the problem... you scores for your card are much higher for graphics.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It could be something that simple BR.. although 'simple' is not the right word. An ATi5450 Vs an ATi5800.. I don't know anything about these 2 cards but if ATi are anything like nvidia.. cards in the same number sequence are NOT equal, despite what the blurb says. An example in case I know of from first hand experience is the nvidia 6000 series. One of the first cards off the shelf I got my hands on was the 6600GTi. Hailed (almost) as all things to all men, I found it ran slower than the ATi card it replaced and introduced the 'now' familiar 'no spinning aircraft' in the Select Aircraft window. However, some time later, I got a 6800GTS and bugger me if that wasn't fast :-O Comparisons between the 2 ended after the word nVidia :rock:

On the bright side.. we're almost half way through Feb so Christmas isn't too far off ;)

ATB

DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

bigred1970
Victor
Victor

Post by bigred1970 »

well besides the card I am very happy with this new computer, got it for 899 dollars with tax. I made sure I got one that had a graphics card in a pci express slot so I could upgrade that later. my nephew thought that he was getting a great deal on his laptop for like 600 until he found out that he was stuck with the intergrated graphic card with no way to upgrade it. (no place on the board to add a separate one).

anyway I am getting ~20 fps with every think turned up decently. so I am happy. I was just kind of hoping with the new computer I would be able to max everything out.... oh well that will have to wait.... :worried: