Question

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aeronaves
Meteor
Meteor

Question

Post by Aeronaves »

Hello, I have a question, I hope somebody can give a hint........ I have the plan to make a repaint of the Avro Anson which was part of the Aeronaves de Mexico fleet, but the problem is that I ignore which type it was. Having done some research, I found on a newspaper's website that such Ansons were bought in Canada. Any ideas?.

Greetings

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Question

Post by DaveB »

Hi Aeronaves :)

It is likely that Aeronaves de Mexico bought their Ansons from Canada as Canada built (under license) the Anson and operated them with the RCN. However, it's unlikely that the ones operated by Aeronaves de Mexico were the same as DG's model which is an Anson Mk1. They'd more likely be the Anson 19.. the civilian version which differs quite a lot.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

That'smy thought Dave

If the 19 then you are looking at virtually a different fuselage to the Mk.1
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Aeronaves
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Aeronaves »

Thanks, if we consider that there was never enough information on the Anson, at least the ones operated by Aeronaves, I would not have any problem in using the existing versions for it, thou, the other little problem is, there little or no pictures of such planes at all....... :( , so it is going to be a bit difficult to do them.

Greetings.

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

XA-NEI Anson Mk19 owned by Aeronaves - written off in 1963 operating obo Compania Impulsora de Aviacion.

Leif

Aeronaves
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Aeronaves »

Thanks!, thou still a bit confusing, since I had one big old poster of Aeromexico's 50th anniversary and it shows the Anson but looks like it is MK1, as for another regs. I only remember XA-DUC and FUG, I'll have to dig into my book with the history of the Airline, since long time I haven't opened it. *-) . As for another issue, might someone here have the Issue 36 of the "Propliners" magazine?, I remember there was a report about the Aeronaves Britannias there.

Greetings. :)

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Hey Aeronaves if you have a copy of the poster

You might want to see if Peter Watkins would do a repaint of the Mk1 in Aeronaves colours.....He has already done several repaints of Dave Garwoods turretless Mk1

Leif

Aeronaves
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Aeronaves »

Hello, thanks! and well it is a good idea, thou I would prefer to do it myself, I am posting here the illustration from the book of the airline's history, it does not seem to be the MK1 nor 19. :dunno: , I still have to find the paint kit.
:worried:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The windscreen is early Mk1 and the cabin is no version I know of *-)

Looks more like a general rendering than an attempt of an actual drawing or a specific type...unless this was a local mod of an early Mk.1?? :dunno:

Hopefully they took more care of the accuracy on the livery lines, but generally I find published livery drawing very inaccurate :worried: .

I've been keeping an eye open but not found anything I'm afraid :((
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Badgerman
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Badgerman »

If they did purchase the RCN Ansons, they were Mk. V's - with round windows on the fuselage and the perspex nose. They were all sold off in 1952...

Mark