HB TobyV 28yo today 30.5.11

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: HB TobyV 28yo today 30.5.11

Post by Paul K »

Chilled...fizzy...London Pride ?! :-O

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I'd imagine it's a keg version rather than cask conditioned as these tend to travel better and generally last longer ;) £6.40 a pint sounds good! :-O :-O :-O

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

I think I had the price (in Swiss Francs) slightly out and the exchange rate has gone down today, so it actually works out closer to £6.70 a pint. I think Dave B would be out of customers pretty quickly if he started charging that, even in Berkshire/Oxfordshire :lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I laugh (outwardly) but I'm pretty much out of customers anyway. I often wonder if charging double would make any difference at all! *-) Having a conscience will ultimately put me out of business but let's not worry about that today :guinn:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

Seemed to be no shortage of idiots willing to pay those prices where I was last night. I'm amazed how many Swiss people study the menu of overpriced and (slightly wrongly served) otherwise relatively commerical ales/beers/stouts that are for sale there eagerly, thinking they're having some kind of sophisticated foreign experience (when they are then handed a can of Boddingtons and a pint glass thats been chilling in the fridge since it was last washed up).

Sorry to hear about your situation Dave, I guess its a sign that economically, the UK isn't out of the woods yet.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I guess its a sign that economically, the UK isn't out of the woods yet.
No mate.. not by a long way. Those above a certain income threshold are able to hang on, some seemingly untouched by the financial crisis. The husband of the girl who cuts our hair is a car salesman (executive.. cough) with Audi and he still sells well over 20 new cars every month.. sometimes as many as 30. Buyers will often get one for themselves and maybe an A3/A4/TT for the wife :-O The 'haves' still 'have' and the 'have nots' have less. Trade across the entire service sector has, despite what you may read, been going in a downward spiral for some time now and there's no sign of it bottoming out. The cost of basic utilites such as water, gas and electricity continue to soar and because of the cost of fuel/diesel.. the things we buy cost more to buy. Many of the products we sell can be bought for less from Tesco (for example) than we can buy them from trade which doesn't help either. I look forward to getting my own back though. In what may be the not too distant future, I'll be stacking shelves at Tesco and it'll be my mission to see how badly they can be stacked before I'm fired :lol: One has to remain positive despite ones world taking on more water than Titanic ;) You stay where you are mate and keep your head down :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Late again, but hope you had a great day Toby. :thumbsup: :party: :cheers:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Is he really 28! I thought he were 'still but a lad', Happy Birthday mate! :thumbsup:
ATB Trev

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

There years roll on Trevor! The last time I saw you I think I was 23 - Goodwood, May 2006, Rapide and Prentice day, unless we also met some while later into the summer at Tangmere?