Attention Peter M.

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Attention Peter M.

Post by airboatr »

I think this might belong to you.

It is from England *-)

And it does have your name on it. :agree:

:lol: :lol:
:worried:

:wasntme:

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Attention Peter M.

Post by petermcleland »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...Can I have it back please? ;)

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

uh, Are you offering a finders reward? Image

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

No...Only kidding...That is a model that I never used. It is one that can provide escape from a stationary aircraft and to do that it needs rockets...It is possibly from a Harrier :)

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

:lol: me too. JK ;) I just noticed the wording on the seat and thought you might get a kick out of that.

Interesting observation on the seat :)

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

airboatr wrote::lol: me too. JK ;) I just noticed the wording on the seat and thought you might get a kick out of that.

Interesting observation on the seat :)
Yes, I did get a kick out of it :lol: Thanks for posting, it reminds me of a story that I've probably told about my "G-Suit patent bum massaging cushion".
I won't bore you with it again but I did spend one hell of a lot of hours strapped firmly to a Martin-Baker bang seat. They were pretty hard because the bit that you sat on was a flat rubber survival water bag and water being uncompressible, it was as hard as a park bench :)

basys
VC10
VC10

Post by basys »

Hi Folks

Peter -
In case you're interested & hadn't seen this - FlightGlobal - Hunter celebrates 60th anniversary of first flight
Images are clickable for higher res versions.

HTH
ATB
Paul
I've never felt so frustrated....... died so frequently/spectacularly/or needlessly....... yet had so much fun, in a long time.
Flight's Landing Challenges - Earn your wings !

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Thanks Paul,

I had not seen that and I captured the cutaway Mk6...Thanks for posting :)

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

I thought that all M-B seats ( at least in the RAF versions) eventually had the survival pack installed in a yellow fibreglass shell with a nice piece if Welsh lamb fleece over it. ( It was found I think that the hard shell was better for your back if you had to use the seat in emergency as the earlier soft (ish) PSPs caused back problems due to the initial kick flexing the backbone.) The face blind handle ejection method was also better because of the better posture, but it could take longer to get to it compred to the seat mounted handle.
Keith

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Dev One wrote:I thought that all M-B seats ( at least in the RAF versions) eventually had the survival pack installed in a yellow fibreglass shell with a nice piece if Welsh lamb fleece over it. ( It was found I think that the hard shell was better for your back if you had to use the seat in emergency as the earlier soft (ish) PSPs caused back problems due to the initial kick flexing the backbone.) The face blind handle ejection method was also better because of the better posture, but it could take longer to get to it compred to the seat mounted handle.
That must have been after my time...I sat on a square water filled cushion with a central rectangular hole in it for the parachute harness crutch loop to pass through. The water being uncompressible made it rather hard to sit on for a long time, but did not squash on ejection causing a spine injuring bump. The water bottle cushion was your survival water and under that was the dinghy pack in the seat pan.