50mph

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

50mph

Post by jonesey2k »

Is it just me or are almost every national speed limit road being changed to 50? Whats going on here then? All of the affected roads near me are quite safe with no dips or sharp bends ect. There are a few very dangerous narrow ones with blind corners ect that are still 60, how does that work then? Are they only going for main roads?

B******s.
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: 50mph

Post by Tomliner »

Simple really.Keep reducing the limit in the name of safety, et voila-more speeding revenues.I'll bet that we'll soon more 20mph limils in towns.EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

its a cost saving excersise too! if you have a 60 mph road you need to check it more oftern than a 50 mph road!

Harry Basset
Victor
Victor

Post by Harry Basset »

I've just spent a week in Scotland and noticed many built up areas with a 20mph limit captioned "Twenty's Plenty" Seemed like a reasonable idea for school areas and similar.

TobyV
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by TobyV »

This was happening near Rugby where I lived before I moved. Reason given was a number of fatal accidents. Most of these were caused by drunk drivers or foreigners driving on the wrong side of the road so reducing hte speed limit wasn't going to do anything. In fact it creates more situations such as when a driver at the head of a small queue prefers to drive at limit -10mph, whatever that limit may be and the guy behind you wants to drive at old limit +10mph and you're stuck in the middle. I was in such a position once that nearly developed into quite a situation. Better to keep sensible limits and have less agro!

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

The best bit on one of these new reduced limit roads is a section just after a railway bridge. There is a dip in the road after the bridge where the local plod have set up shop. When your heading towards the bridge you can just about see the coppers head and a spead gun. Everytime I go past it seems that somebody has been pulled...
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.