The OTHER Provost

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: The OTHER Provost

Post by Garry Russell »

What's the FS.X portover wingfold problem??
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Post by mgchristy »

Fantastic work, Keith! What a gorgeous brute of a little trainer. Gary Jones' sound pack really completes the package nicely, too.

I posted this over at the SOH...but there's a relatively recent flight report of the type available online, for those who like to whet their appetite with such things.

http://www.iaopa.eu/mediaServlet/storag ... p38-41.pdf
Mark

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Garry, does the wingfold work for you then in FSX? I know its OK in FS9, but for some reason my Proctors & this Provost will not ackle in FSX, although the Chiltons do work! Wierd.
mgchristy, Thanks thats one of the documents I used as well as Flight reports for May & Sept 1951.
Keith

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Keith

As far as I know

The CL-44 swing tail and Superfreighter nose doors are wingfold and I see them working in folks FS.X and I've not heard of any problems *-)

Is this an FSDS/Gmax thing?? :dunno:

SHIFT E 1 SHIFT E 2 etc to open doors just doesn't seem to work for me and this seems to be a case in many models. Yet some work faultlessly

It might be a coincidence but all the model I have that do work (I don't have many model) were Gmax and those that don't FSDS.

Are you using Gmax? and is it possible there is a difference in the way the command is read and compiled slightly different that is FS.X unfriendly?

The only modelling issues I see with mine are transparency issues and any parts that are not textured.

All the animations seem to work fine with the FS.9 model straight into FS.X :dunno:
Garry

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Garry,
If my Provost wingfold is working for you in FSX then it must be my setup, or maybe its because I have too many (or near limit) polys, which could explain why the Chilton works OK.
I use Gmax,

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Keith

I don't have the Provost or FSX loaded.

My models work OK in FX.X and both are right on the poly limit

Having got hold of the fix, my CL-44 is now well over the FS.9 limit, compiling and no trouble with wingfold that I'm aware of
Garry

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Just saw this Keith

Yes it works in FSX -

Leif

rosscogswell
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by rosscogswell »

I've tried to d/l the Provost final version from the link a couple of times today and get the "no files to extract" message. The additional paints d/l and extract perfectly. Have I missed something? Any clues?

Molyned
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Molyned »

S'funny, I've checked on the forum there and I see you've made no mention of your problem which might have brought you a speedier reply rather than waiting for a Britsim member to happen-by this site.
However, Leif has kindly put up a direct link in the Britsim forums to the file-set entitled 'Provost Temporary Download Link' . This also includes the large sound pack.
HTH
Cheers
Dave M(oly)

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

It's a joy to fly! Thanks Mr. Keith for the big effort and great results !!
I undestand this is not the right time for requests but:

when I eliminate the right crew with tail-hook command , he ( I mean, the instructor) disappears only inside. From external view the crew is still 2 people. Could you modify that ?
Then (it's a personal point of view), I recently sow the 1957 movie "High Flight" with Ray Milland with a beautiful acrobatic Provost air sequence The pilots had leather helmets . May be they had also modern rigid helmets with oxygen masks but it seems exagerate on a Provost. I am exxgerate , too ? :thumbsup: :lol:

THANK YOU !

Frank