FSX Shackleton!!!

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

FSX Shackleton!!!

Post by Chris Sykes »

Just WIP at mo but looks like we finally have one for FSX!

http://www.britsim.com/

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: FSX Shackleton!!!

Post by Filonian »

Oh boy o boy :excited: :excited:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

It's now realeased :excited: , but (as yet!) I have not been able to DL it from Britsim. The DL finishes early every attempt and I am not the only one having troubles. It may be worth waiting another day or so to get it! It looks very nice BTW! :welldone: :welldone: :welldone:

ATB Trev

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

It is a very good job. One that definitely needs my TrackIR on for in the cockpit as you sit quite close to the wheel :)

511Flyer
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by 511Flyer »

I managed to download it about an hour ago, using the alternative download link. Read the forum posts, and follow the tip re; where to click.

D.

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

She's a real peach! :thumbsup: I downloaded her from the Pond after a few failed attempts. Must be issues with their provider because the file is 100% perfect. I also downloaded the sounds for her (about the same file size as the Shack) which downloaded on the very first try. I'm guessing it must have something to do with the fact that so many people are trying to download the same file at the same time. She's definitely worth the download attempts. Many thanks to all involved in her creation. :)

Brian

DispatchDragon
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain
Location: On the corner of walk and dont walk somewhere on US1

Post by DispatchDragon »

Brian
And all those who are already flying here

I understand she has been nominated for the best Freeware of 2011...........Something which is totally understandable Rob has surpassed him self.....
As to the download problems - Rob English (The Happy Otter and our gracious host at the Pond) is in the process of moving servers to finally get the problem
under control. Its difficult to explain to certain factions in this hobby that WE DONT hand out corrupt files, nor can we control the hosts bandwidth (for which ROb pays out of his own pocket every month and it has grown A LOT since we opened up shop almost seven years ago. This week end was extremly trying as besides being a holiday weekend here (in the US where the Server is). We were already getting heavy traffic for Keiths Provost and Daves Austers when we added a 35mb file to the library that everyone wanted -- lets see 35mb x 400 = 14000mb - which is what our bandwidth was at given time Saturday and Sunday.

Leif

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Leif :hello:

I think the vast majority of us fully appreciate the time, effort and money that has been invested in CBF/Britsim and we also appreciate Rob's frustration that for whatever reason, the U.S. server has suffered large file download problems from the outset. We all hope that the move to a new server will banish this thorn in ALL your sides once and for all :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

I understand she has been nominated for the best Freeware of 2011...........Something which is totally understandable Rob has surpassed him self.....
#
I hope Brian F's Simshed Nimrod has also been nominated, it would be fun to see the bastions of British maritime patrol on the shortlist! We have been very lucky this year.
ATB Trev

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

Fingers crossed!