Music: Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Music: Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes

Post by airboatr »

DaveB wrote:You wear it well Paul :lol:
What I find striking is his height!

:wasntme:
:lol:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Perhaps he was an extra in this.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3uH_YOB ... re=related

:lol: :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

An extra ~ large, me thinks ;)

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

DaveB wrote:You wear it well Paul :lol: (my apologies to Rod Stewart/The Small Faces for that shameless coincidence) ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
He certainly fits the part in that picture! Paul have you ever thought of posting that picture on some site (besides here) and having people try to name the seventies rock star? I'd vote for Carl Palmer drummer for The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Atomic Rooster and Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

Nigel²

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

nigelb wrote:
DaveB wrote:You wear it well Paul :lol: (my apologies to Rod Stewart/The Small Faces for that shameless coincidence) ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
He certainly fits the part in that picture! Paul have you ever thought of posting that picture on some site (besides here) and having people try to name the seventies rock star? I'd vote for Carl Palmer drummer for The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, Atomic Rooster and Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

Nigel²

:lol: I'd hope for Atomic Rooster, Nigel. There is an old adage in the rock world - three things you don't want on tour are ear ache, tooth ache and Greg Lake.

My daughters have a problem equating that photo with the grumpy old curmudgeon they know as their father - and it make me pause for thought too. However, I think of Bob Dylan, Siouxie, and Dave Gilmour, and am reassured that they are growing old like me.

Here's the toy I comfort myself with ;)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Ah bless ya Paul :lol: I often drift into another world with my Stag bass and/or Carlsbro Strat copy playing along to the likes of Pink Floyd, Mott the Hoople.. that sort of thing. My fingers don't work well enough these days to have much command over the Strat copy (not that I ever had that much command anyway) so it sits in the corner covered in dust. The bass I play often ;) I couldn't get into my loons these days and I'd be 'unsafe' in my platforms :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveB wrote::lol: :lol:

Ah bless ya Paul :lol: I often drift into another world with my Stag bass and/or Carlsbro Strat copy playing along to the likes of Pink Floyd, Mott the Hoople.. that sort of thing. My fingers don't work well enough these days to have much command over the Strat copy (not that I ever had that much command anyway) so it sits in the corner covered in dust. The bass I play often ;) I couldn't get into my loons these days and I'd be 'unsafe' in my platforms :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
Lets rock, mate ! :agree:

Last edited by Paul K on 10 Sep 2011, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by nigelb »

Looks like we have uncovered some musical talent here - Dave and Paul! Paul - that certainly is a nice "toy" I love music and nearly all kinds of music but have absolutly no musical talent at all, beside a deep appreciation of the art. I took piano lessons as a kid but gave that up as a teen and now wish I had stuck with it. I can't carry a tune in a bucket but I was made the lead singer in a band while in high school here. The only reason for that was I was British and it was 1965 - the British Invasion was in full swing here. I still had a very strong British accent and could do a credible imitation of Liverpudlian, despite being a Southerner, hence my appointment. Come to think of it, we had a punk rock name way before punk. We were known as "The Gang Grene." That name may have inspired the American band "Rancid" in the nineties! :lol: Naaa, probably not.

Nigel²
Last edited by nigelb on 10 Sep 2011, 23:42, edited 2 times in total.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I love music and nearly all kinds of music but have absolutly no musical talent at all,
Fear not mate.. what you do is make up any shortfall in talent with a healthy dose of distortion and volume. The other option is don't turn your amp on! :rock: :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DelP
The Gurus

Post by DelP »

:lol:

Excellent stuff..at school I played trumpet and cello, wasn't good at either...I wanted to learn the flute, a la Ian Anderson but there were no vacancies 8)

Before I joined up I worked in a chain store music shop for 18 months, bluffed my way in on the brass and string gambit...they didn't care, they just wanted someone who could spell 'music'. My mates worked there, seemed like a good way to spend the day ;)

Picked up a few good riffs from the professionals who'd spend Saturday afternoons testing the stock ;) ....

...apart from that I couldn't play my way out of a paper bag :lol:

Derek :)
'My Auntie Mabel told me I'd make a great soldier, though I don't know how 30 years working in a biscuit factory had qualified her to make that judgement.....' Eddie Nugent

Airborne Signals