BAC One-Eleven

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tonks
The Ministry

Back to the real reason for these threads????

Post by Tonks »

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the proper place to post; please le me know if that is the case as I am new to this forum. Anyway, my question is about the BAC 1-11. I installed the model show in the post about how to install in FSX. That worked fine with no issues. However, when I did the same with 200 and 500 variants, neither aircraft shows up in the FSX aircaft selection screen. Can someone offer assistance as to what may be the issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers, Pete
Errrrrr chaps... this was posted a few up from here. Can any one answer and perhaps get back to what this forum is about :thumbsup:

Tonks :thumbsup:
It's NOT real!!!!!

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: BAC One-Eleven

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Tonks :hello:

This thread fell by the way a little bit didn't it! In practice, there are any number of reasons why the other series didn't display in the screen selection page.. some more common than others. I'd like to have replied but I don't use FSX often enough to feel confident of my reply. FS9 still rules with many.. me included ;) Agree with the sentiment though :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Tonks, the chap also posted the same question in another thread and I answered him there. Didn't get a reply back as to whether it worked or not though :dunno:
Dave G.

Tonks
The Ministry

Post by Tonks »

Just trying to get it back on some sort of trak :lol:

Tonks :guinn: :hide:
It's NOT real!!!!!

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Tonks wrote: on some sort of trak :lol:

Tonks :guinn: :hide:
Dangerously close to trek ... that might tempt Mr. B to talk about his boots...

:lol:

:hide:

Tonks
The Ministry

Post by Tonks »

Ooooppppsss LOL :lol:
It's NOT real!!!!!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

I read these posts with a deal of interest. 747 is obviously a casual or new visitor (2 posts).
He/she very likely does not have English as his first language, (mis-spelt "the" as "teh", but this could have been a finger slip, as few folks seem to check their spelling these days, and many don't even capitalize or punctuate).
Consider this before any more jumping to conclusions: You leave a friend's flat, and while walking to your car, you drop your keys in the dark. You may call out "Can somebody help me here, I've lost my keys!" After feeling around, you find them, calling again "Don't worry, I'm right now!".......... Would you (a) go home, not giving the matter much thought? (b) wait there for another three hours in case somebody heard you and is painfully making their way down several flights of stairs on their crutches to assist you? (c)Go back to the flats each day for the next week to see if anyone is standing there offering help?
I think that a reasonable person would answer (a).
I can understand the frustration of our helpers not being told the details they need.
As it was important to identify the relevant facts for the common good, perhaps a private message would have provided feedback, or failing that, as 747 is casual, and won't even be checking the in box, maybe a direct email, Administration at least would know the address.
Thanks for reading.

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Airspeed wrote:I read these posts with a deal of interest. 747 is obviously a casual or new visitor (2 posts).
He/she very likely does not have English as his first language, (mis-spelt "the" as "teh", but this could have been a finger slip, as few folks seem to check their spelling these days, and many don't even capitalize or punctuate).
As he's a frequent poster at the A2A forums, I can tell you that English is his first language. He's a little kid (both in age and maturity) who's been from okay to flat-out annoying to nearly removed. He's been told multiple times about giving more information when asking for help, but then again, when his last thread on the A2A forums was a "notice" that he was reinstalling his FSX, I don't think any of our tries to help in the last 3-4 months have gotten through.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks for the background Chris.