Capt Sim Boeing 737-100 exterior model

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Capt Sim Boeing 737-100 exterior model

Post by J0hn »

Well personally, that all transcends into "geek" territory to me and I like this model, so I don't really care! :bandit:

I buy these aircraft to fly and I'm too busy doing that to notice if a part that isn't integral to that end isn't exactly correct as per the Type Certificate or whatever.

I hate it when something nice comes out and people start knocking it for the smallest of errors (which seems to happen a lot on this forum, btw ;) ).

My response would be - (hopefully without being too "anti") - when you release a better job for less than £9 I'll gladly take heed of the critiscism. If they were glaring errors, that's one thing, but this kind of issue seems rather petty to me. It's peanuts for God's sake - give the guys a break.

My tuppence :)

JD

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

John,

I'm sorry, but the part-and-parcel of this plane being a 737-100 is that the basics, like the doors and the thrust reversers, be right. They aren't. Part of what made the 737-100 the 737-100 was those reversers. It's the reason that Boeing rushed the 737-200 into production. It's the reason that Boeing spent millions with Rohr aerospace to develop the Target-type reversers that everyone knows so well and then gave to all its existing operators of the 737 for FREE. The 737-100 with the original reversers FLEW much differently than the 737-100/200 with the Target reversers. Both due to the different aerodynamics, but also due to the fact the 737-100 couldn't stop as quickly due to them being ineffective as it was, and then had a nasty habit of being lifted from the runway by the original reversers making them even less effective. To ignore this as if it wasn't a big deal that Boeing had designed an airplane to operate into short runways and small airports and then had to make major changes to get it to be able to do that is like saying the Comet 1 never existed.

Additionally, if I'm going to put out any money, I want to get what I'm paying for. I'm paying for a 737-100, but I'm getting a 737-200. That's not right. If this was freeware, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it's not. They're wanting us to buy something that isn't what it claims to be on the most basic level. This is the problem with CaptainSim and not just with this model. They still haven't produced a real C-130J. They claimed when they were developing the C-130 project they were going to include the C-130J but never, until after release and eveyone had bought the package, that they weren't going to release a C-130J panel as well because (as they claimed) they couldn't get the data on the panel to make it. Sadly, we proved them wrong on this and provided all the needed data could be had and all the information for the correct autopilot and they just ignored the users and acted like the information we'd provided didn't exist even though it was in front of their faces.

Sorry, but I've not bought anything from CS since the 757 (which I got only because it was on sale and then I binned it because it has an unacceptable performance hit on my system) and until they start actually being honest in their advertisement and listening to the users (they have yet to impliment anything from the "It would be nice if..." forums for *ANY* of their products), I still won't buy anything else from them. They can prove that they're starting to listen if they actually seriously consider fixing these major issues with the aircraft and actually releasing a 737-100, not a 737-200 and claiming it to be a 737-100.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

John

They take your money..it should be right

Is it acceptable for anything else to fall short of the mark???

If you buy a car that is not up to scratch are you told to stop moaning and just enjoy it??

No.....payware has to be up to the mark, especially something of this quality.

The 737-100 was the only 737 to have integral airstairs both ends and that's important, even meaning a different size rear door to accommodate it

So don't talk about geek territory....that is insulting to people like me who bend over backwards to give accuracy.

I know it can be done properly.......and so it should be.

This site stands for accuracy, so do make comments like you have, when we do what we are about.

If you don't like us pointing out small errors....then tough...the airstairs is not a small error it's a major failing of the external modelling

We produce accurate stuff FOR FREE which I think is less than £9...what do you mean give them a break..from what???

Its PAYWARE...IT SHOULD BE RIGHT

You talk as if we criticise but don't know better???.....
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Stanley130
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Stanley130 »

Guys, if something is ood for me - it is RIGHT for me. This model is really good especially for this price.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

The point is still being missed

The reason why we are here is because we set a high standard at cost to ourselves to give FOR FREE

Yet when we try and maintain the standard everyone wants then we are accused of griping and being petty

Big errors as these are not going to pass without comment on a payware product that is a lot for something which is just an external model

If I bought it I'd want to see the steps when opening the doors and not see the slides unless I particularly wanted to.

To say there is too much pettiness here is insulting because that is sort of saying we shouldn't strive for the accuracy we do

We NEVER expect anything that we are not prepare to aim for ourselves

If that is going unnoticed, then perhaps we are wasting our time.
Garry

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Everybodys standards are different, and no model is perfect (I know mine aren't :lol: )

If you've bought it and a happy with it, great. FSX is a game, it's there to be enjoyed.

I'm not an expert on the 737, so I wouldn't know if the doors are wrong or not anyway :dunno:

I'll probably buy it at some point, maybe paint it up in EU-jet livery... :hide:
Dave G.

jonesey2k
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by jonesey2k »

The crease on the lower fuselage where the cabin meets the hold doesn't looks like it's there either tbh.

Addendum: EU JET! LOL!, I'd forgotten about him. :lol:
Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12 gauge.

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

EUJet

Those were the days!!!!
Garry

Anders Nielsen
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Anders Nielsen »

Hi,

I think that we have to accept the fact, that the main difference between payware and freeware is, that freeware generally is more historical correct, whereas payware may have more eyecandy. Simply because it must attract a broader crowd to ensure sales. Also development time may compromise how much time can be put into research.

By the way; can anyone please paint me an Easyjet livery for the SSTSIM Concorde :)

BR,
Anders

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ahhh.. a man with a sense of humour :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!