MACCHI MC.202 - FS9 /FSX

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

kikko
Comet
Comet

MACCHI MC.202 - FS9 /FSX

Post by kikko »

On the main websites (Flightsim, Avsim etc.) is now available the Aermacchi MC-202 Folgore (Lightning) for FS9 and FSX ( with minor limitations), the best italian fighter to reach an appreciable production quantity (as well as the FIAT CR-42 biplane) during World War II.
Super detailed VC, 2 models , several textures. Great effort from our friend Manuele Villa and his Team ( I personally worked and helped on flights dynamics).
The plane was as good as a Me-109 E or F and even better but was plagued by a difficult main spar fabrication engineering and semi handicraft construction.
Furthemore, Italian planes reached great quality only with german engines, i.e. Daimler Benz DB-601 and 605 . The Macchi armament was limited to only 2 machine guns (Breda Safat 0.50) plus 2 smaller machine guns on wing ( seldom used).

Enjoy !

Gmax models and skins by Manuele Villa and Italianwings, flight dynamics by Manuele Villa and Kikko Zanaboni.

Kikko

mgchristy
Trident
Trident

Re: MACCHI MC.202 - FS9 /FSX

Post by mgchristy »

Thanks for the HU! Indeed, this is another superb release by Manuele Villa & team. These old Italian planes wouldn't normally be my cup of tea, if not for the astounding attention to detail Mr. Villa gives to each of his creations. Definitely worth the d/l...
Mark

kikko
Comet
Comet

Post by kikko »

If you like the WWII fighters, I think the Macchis are among the most beautiful ones. OK, Spitfire beauty is eternal and no discussion ;) but the design and silhouette of the Macchi 202 and 205 are in my opinion simply marvellous. Italian style. B)smk

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Some kind folks over at SimOuthouse have posted updated textures to make the aircraft more FSX friendly. :)
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... -port-over

Brian