Howdy again folks!

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Howdy again folks!

Post by Tarasdad »

Been quite a while since I last posted here, longer than I even realized. Life has been a bit hectic in the past year or so and that has taken its toll. We've moved once again but hopefully will be settled where we are for a while (God willing and the creek don't rise, as they say over here). My health has also been giving me issues that make it imperative for me to de-stress a bit. Well, a lot actually.

One thing that's suffered has been my flight sim addiction. I had to cut way back on my use of FS because of my tendency to become just a wee bit obsessive about it. Add that to the factors above and you can see why I had to take a hiatus. Well, I miss it - very much - and have been contemplating getting back into the game again. I've kept my FSAir membership current because flying with CBFS is something I truly enjoy. I find it less stressful because of the much lighter expectations (no weekly flight requirements, strict type rating exams or such) and a much more relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Don't be surprised if you see me renewing a TR here soon - need to get a bit of simulator time in before I'll feel comfortable undertaking "revenue" flights!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I'll get some sim time in as soon as I can figure out how to get FS2004 running again! I upgraded to a new system and it's refusing to cooperate. Grr....

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Re: Howdy again folks!

Post by Garry Russell »

Hi Barry :hello:

Nice to see you

I remember thing not going too well for you a while back too. :(

I hope now things can settle a bit and you are able to be around a bit more

All the best :)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Post by Tarasdad »

Update time....

I have two versions of FS2004 working, the one I have set for modern flight and the one with the FS Golden Wings full mod installed. What I can't get to work is the one I have modded for the '45-'75 period. What I may have to do is copy the modern version and rebuild my retro install. Pain in the backside but I don't know what else to do. If I could figure out the exact issue causing the crash it sure would make life easier. My best guess is it's something in the Modules folder that's the issue.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Welcome back (from a relatively new member) :hello:
Sorry I can't help with your 2004 hassles, as I don't have the Golden Wings stuff. Ben is probably already nutting out something for you, he's a whizz on the techy biz.
Sent you a PM by the way.
Look after yourself,

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Post by Tarasdad »

Well, it's working. I have no clue what I did to fix it but it's working! That makes all three of my FS installs up and running. Now I just need to locate my FSX discs and get that reinstalled properly and I'm good to go!

I just did a short re-familiarization with the Vanguard. Took a bit to remember where everything is but I did it in the end. I was worried for a minute since one of them seems to have acquired the default Cessna panel - not cool when you're expecting that wonderful Vanguard panel!

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Nice to see you up and about again Barry ;) Above everything else.. get that Vanguard sorted! :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Post by Tarasdad »

Well, I looked through the aircraft.cfg file and all seems to be in order. Dunno what's going on. :dunno:

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Barry :hello:

Which one seems to give you the Cessna? Might it be a 952 by any chance? I'm wondering if you downloaded Fraser's 952 panel and haven't put that back yet *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Welcome back Barry. :cheers:

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Post by Tarasdad »

It's just the one model, G-APEO (first of two in my list, think it's the earlier version). It comes up in the standard Vanguard list rather than the Merchantman list in FS. The others that I've checked have the proper panel, it's just that one that's acting up. The only thing I can think of is that it's coming from another aircraft entry somewhere.