Zero in the Rain...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Zero in the Rain...

Post by petermcleland »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xh5WgmHSpI

You can have a LOT of fun in a "Basic" aeroplane, even if it has no instrument panel. Video of the Japanese Zero in

MS FLIGHT.

This is an HD video so click the resolution up to 1080p and then click the "Full Screen" icon at bottom right.

Thanks for looking :fly:

SkippyBing
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Zero in the Rain...

Post by SkippyBing »

Ooo, that looks good. Peter, how do you get the Zero?

Tarasdad
Comet
Comet

Post by Tarasdad »

You gotta buy it, just like the Mustang and the Maule.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Yes,

That is how it works...You can buy as many MS "Purchase Points" as you want...Then as things are released you can buy them as you wish using the points in your account. Very similar to the Steam account and Rise of Flight but you can just buy points to keep your account in credit then as something new is released you can download it immediately from within the game and it is immediately automatically installed and usable. That way Microsoft can continue to develop and improve Flight at their leisure without all the outside developers leaping in and making all the profit. This time there is no open architecture and the whole thing remains a Microsoft product. Probably very good commercial sense and I have nothing against it. I find Flight excellent and going through the user interface I can see that it is planned to go on a very long development path that includes other scenery like Alaska, more aircraft to carry passengers and freight and even aircraft to go to the edge of space. I look forward keenly to it all :)

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

What marketing genius at Microsoft thought a Zero would be a nice aircraft to fly around Hawaii? :lol: Nice video though Peter. :) I wonder if the cockpit-less Zero is a sign of things to come for future aircraft releases? :dunno:

Brian

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

FlyTexas wrote:What marketing genius at Microsoft thought a Zero would be a nice aircraft to fly around Hawaii? :lol: Nice video though Peter. :) I wonder if the cockpit-less Zero is a sign of things to come for future aircraft releases? :dunno:
I don't think so Brian...I think that cockpits will be added in future, possibly at additional cost or maybe free to those that have the aircraft...It is interesting to see how things get modified in "Flight"...Like Steam, you are on line all the time, but unlike Steam you sometimes find amendments and changes just happen! Purchases actually happen "In Game" with the download and installation happening automatically. I would not be surprised to find a cockpit appearing in my Zero or Mustang! Another feature is an AeroCache of the day which expires after a listed number of hours and minutes...I try to do that one before looking at others :)

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Thanks Peter. :)

Brian