BRITSIM Status Updates

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: BRITSIM Status Updates

Post by TSR2 »

Great stuff Rob, well done mate! Get some sleep now :lol: :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

Yes, it's working well.
George

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

No search facility from what I can see, or was that a case of having to log in to get it? That said I could not log in nor get any response from forgot username and forgot password screeens, It just sat there and refreshed the screen. Tried to register and the same - I don't actually ever remember registering for BritSim though in order to d/l files. I certainly don't have a saved message in Outlook with login details. :dunno:
Alex

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Warnings & Fatal warnings & computer gobbldygook only this morning......
Keith

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Rob is still working on it, give him a break.

I logged in and I think still logged in the problem of not being able to post on the forum is no longer a problem.

The library will I think be the last thing to be reinstated.

Stick at it Rob but in your own time.
Rich

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Just went to Britsim, yes I am still logged in and see someone else logged in and posted ok and was answered by Rob.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi Rob..

I've just tried logging in and it worked first time mate.. this at 11:10 today :) I put in my username and password and up she came :thumbsup: I saw Rich logged in too ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Rich
VC10
VC10

Post by Rich »

Hi Dave, Sorry did'nt see you, actually 1830 here got a bit confused as to how you saw me at 1110 (time Difference)

I fact there has been 2 people who posted there beside me and as it happens we are all in distant lands.

I did the same as you just entered username and password.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Rich

thehappyotter
Concorde
Concorde

Post by thehappyotter »

Vancouver wrote:No search facility from what I can see, or was that a case of having to log in to get it? That said I could not log in nor get any response from forgot username and forgot password screeens, It just sat there and refreshed the screen. Tried to register and the same - I don't actually ever remember registering for BritSim though in order to d/l files. I certainly don't have a saved message in Outlook with login details. :dunno:
The search box is pretty low down on the list of things to get working again. There's no point having a search box pointing to things which don't themselves work! You don't have to register to do anything other than post on the support forums. All files are freely accessible to anybody and will always remain so.
Rich wrote:Rob is still working on it, give him a break.

I logged in and I think still logged in the problem of not being able to post on the forum is no longer a problem.

The library will I think be the last thing to be reinstated.

Stick at it Rob but in your own time.
Thanks for the support Rich :thumbsup:

I was up until gone 5am working on it for a third night in a row. Like I said earlier, it's not a simple talk, it's been rebuilt completely and I've had to copy lots of database things over to keep the users/files/forums posts.

It's not a big business, it's me on my own and I have a full time job too which ate 60+ hours of my life last week.

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Rob,
I apologise if I seemed impatient from my previous message, I was really just reporting the staus as I have it. As a non computer type (my son is my guru) I appreciate the hard work necessary to get a 'normal' desktop or laptop working, let alone a website.....
Rob, also do not forget that there is life outside of work & a website! (I would not want your job if I were paid treble!!!)
Regards
Keith