The First Flight Sim I Ever Had

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

nigelb
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: The Fist Flight Sim I Ever Had

Post by nigelb »

Here is a 5 minute fight in my first sim: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK-iIrIEOyc

SubLogics FS II for the Apple II. Generous use of imagination was required, but it was hours of fun back in the day.

Nigel²

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Gunship 2000 on the Spectrum 128 :agree:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Gunship 2000 was a belter on my 50mhz Pentium. I really thought I was the bee's knee's in those days :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

I'm getting the same message from all of you :)

Like me, we were all impressed, nothing like that could even have been remotely even thought of and there we were. :excited:

I can't imagine anything not giving such untainted joy as those early days as we expect too much now and then we didn't expect anything :)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Re: The First Flight Sim I Ever Had

Post by DarrenL »

My first, River Raid on the Atari VCS :lol:

Then the likes of FA/18 Interceptor, Birds of Prey and Knights of the Sky on the Amiga. :)

DavidK
Victor
Victor

Post by DavidK »

Since it hasn't been mentioned yet -- I'm surprised! -- here's mine. (Although it was the cassette-tape version, not the ultra-futuristic (and probably ulta-expensive) floppy-disc one.)

David

PaulC
VC10
VC10

Post by PaulC »

Mine was a really bad affair for the ZX Spectrum but shortly followed by F18 for the Amiga, moving onto Tornado and A320 Airbus.

Buggyman
VC10
VC10

Post by Buggyman »

Mine was a helicopter sim/game on the old PCW8512. It was the Bees knees at that time until I got rich and could afford a real PC with 80MB of HD. My PC flight sim was ATP - I think that's what it was called - and a multi-aircraft sim fronted by Chuck Yeager.

From then on I seem to have been chasing the ultimate PC for the sims I had, culminating in the purchase of FS5 and the slow slide into addiction................ Pity me, I sit in this empty house, no furniture except a computer desk and comfy seat, my wife has given up and gone, my children have stopped calling, my neighbours avoid my jungle of a garden. But all is not lost, selling the furniture means I have a super fast PC capable of running FSX at a good rate and no-one complains that I am ignoring them -BLISS :excited:

Allan

If SWMBO sees this I'm dead meat... :hide:

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

No worries Allan, I'll try and see she won't get to read it...shall I send my account number and paying in details via PM?? 8) :lol:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I didn't realise you could actually GET games for the 8512 Allan :-O Can't remember there being anything available for the newer/smaller PCW9256 I had :( I bought a ram pack for mine which almost equalled the debt of a small African nation and gave me an additional 1mb.. an essential tool required to do the desktop publishing I did for the pub :lol: I sold it on eventually and spent £900 on a 486SX pc from PC World.. the first and last pc I ever bought from them for all the reasons you can imagine.. so I could enjoy the likes of Gunship and FS5 :lol: Actually, it may have been FS4. I think I moved up to FS5 when I got the P50 *-)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!