Question for Peter if I may re: Trident Flaps

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Question for Peter if I may re: Trident Flaps

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Peter or anyone else out there in the know. ;)

I would like to know roughly at what speeds the various flap settings were for the Trident 2 and 3. i.e. from take-off to full retraction and also what speeds were the flaps retracted from selecting droops right through to full flaps.

I appreciate there would have been variations of speed to flap settings dependent on the auw of the aircraft but interested roughly what speed related to various flap settings (if you know what I mean) 8).

On leave after tonight so will try to get to the library next week if nothing heard tonite!!

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Question for Peter if I may re: Trident Flaps

Post by TSR2 »

I'm sure the droops / slats had to be left out until at least 3000 feet after the Heathrow accident, but can't remember the speeds, 180kts maybe? *-)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Ben

As far as I know the droops/slats were raised around 225 - 230 knots but it is the other speeds for flap selection I am interested in also but have not been able to find any information on the internet.

Kind regards
nigel

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Hi guys , the T1, 2 and 3 Droop up between 225 and 250 kts IAS .i.e up by 250 and selecting down below 250, to be down by 225 . For the flaps 1985 was a long time ago , but you could cruise around in a T2 with flaps 15 or 20 at 170 or 180 kts . Fraid i gave the manuals to the guys setting up the old sim in Surrey/ Farnborough . If Peter reads this , hello from one of his old f/o's .

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi dfarrow and welcome to our humble abode :hello:

Many thanks for the info you have given
but you could cruise around in a T2 with flaps 15 or 20 at 170 or 180 kts
With those flap settings at that speed was there a noticeable nose up attitude?

From your location you have given I think you might well be somewhere not too far from Peter and he will be around at some point in the not too distant future.

Kind regards
Nigel

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Nigel , thx for welcome , if memory serves . When droop went down ,if at 225 kts we were well nose up , flaps going to 15 ish would lower the nose somewhat ( in level flight ). Spent most of my youth on T1/2 s , just last year of Trid ops on T3 . Re another post ... only the Trident was nicknamed '' The Gripper '' . Think Peter is far away across Lyme Bay in S. Devon .
Brgds Dave

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that! I knew I'd read about 180kts somewhere, and it must have been flaps not slats :worried: That's great info I feel an little shuttle flight coming on tonight... Heathrow to my old stomping ground (as a 5 year old) Aldergrove :rock: :thumbsup: There you go Nigel, that will keep you busy on your week off ;)

Another Dave! :lol:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dave

Very many thanks for the update on the flaps, hope you will stick around and entertain the troops here with some interesting stories that you may have accumulated during your flying career. :thumbsup:
There you go Nigel, that will keep you busy on your week off
Certainly will Ben, at the moment and after all the posts from Ian regarding Kai Tak with his beloved VC10 I am spending some considerable time in the Trident 2 (China Airlines) :worried: improving my approach and arrival!! :lol:

Kind regards
Nigel.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Your probably are making a better job of it than my CAAC AI into Kia Tak :lol:

It really is superb scenery and its really great bringing the ten in and seeing all of the AI, including the T2's coming and going.
I still need to sort out the parking gates though but between a hectic few weeks coming up in work followed by moving house, time is tight. I might see if there are any T2 ferry flights left from blighty to china.

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Your probably are making a better job of it than my CAAC AI into Kia Tak
Don't know about that Ben!! :lol: Think I might just have to make a video of my arrivals and post them to you, bound to keep you amused for a while!! :$

Thinking about using Seventies or Eighties AI for Kai Tak (FS9) but have absolutely no idea about how to do it or change them over with my present AI!! :dunno: Maybe one day when I find some spare time I will print out some instructions and then have a go!!

Kind regards
Nigel