The fleet is in

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: The fleet is in

Post by DaveB »

George..

In theory, you could leave a static in 3 Basin on top of the tile there and have either 1 or 2 further carriers alongside on the jetties facing Gosport. Last time I was in Pompey, Invince was in 3 Basin with Illustrious and Ark Royal alongside.. one opposite Victory where the static in Porthigh ties up and the other directly behind it. Rare mind you and a sign of the times. One was usually at sea on deployment, one in local waters and one in refit :(

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

JKAGary
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by JKAGary »

DaveB wrote:Hi Gary and Merry Christmas matey :thumbsup:

Not tried Portsmouth Highrise in FSX. Does it work with GenX?

How's the paint coming on your Invince class?? I was only thinking about this a day or so ago *-)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
Merry Christmas! Haven't touched invincible class in a while, been back in FS9 playing with the iris EAP (great model dunno why I didn't try it out ages ago!). Will probably get back to updating her soon. Also looking at this thread I've got some ideas for a scenery update for Portsmouth.

Never seen so many type 23's in dock...do we still have that many? *-)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I doubt it. Last time I was there, they were pretty new :-O Rgr on the Invince Class ;)

Here's a shot for George showing the Jetty locations in the RN Dockyard so if I mention one, he knows where I'm talking about :) The only one I'm not sure of is North Corner Jetty but I think it's right. It's either there or off the LH side of Fountain Lake :lol:
No.1 Basin hasn't been used properly for years and was left pretty much tidal.. a few plastic minehunters in there as shown in his latest screenshot (good guess George). No.2 Basin likewise but non-tidal (generally.. it's tidal in that shot). No.3 Basin is a long term resting place and non-tidal. Main access to the dry docks so a ship would move from tidal to 3 basin and from 3 basin into DD (unless it was one of the bigger DD's closest to the harbour). Out of DD to 3 basin and from 3 basin to the harbour when ready. Rumour has it there's a train in the bottom of 3 basin.. blown there by a German bomb in WWII. Dunno how true it is though.

So.. Fountain Lake.. Destroyers and Frigates, North Corner - the same, Middle Slip to Pitch House - Frigates/Destroyers/Cruisers/Carriers and finally, South Railway.. Destroyers/Frigates :)

EDIT: On reflection, I think the unlisted jetty to the NW of Fountain Lake is or was North West Wall :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!