Moto GP 2013

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Re: Moto GP 2013

Post by Jon.M »

He's back. :excited:

Well it was a good first race anyway. The most exciting for a long time.

That Marquez kid is good though isn't he?

Jon

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Fantastic race!

That's what we've been missing :-O I'm exhausted now :lol:

Ian :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yeah.. great race wasn't it. I was late going out tonight.. no way was I gonna leave with 8 laps to go :lol:

I felt a bit sorry for CC.. there's little he can do to match the Honda's in straight line speed. It would take an exceptional lap to make up the difference and keep him clear of them on the straights. Still.. great to see 'The Doctor' back and mixing it again. I'd like to have seen Jorge's face when he saw his pit board showing VR in second :lol:

Best race I've seen in a long time despite JL's winning margin ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Oh crikey! It was so good it eclipsed Scott Redding's scrap with Espargaro in Moto2 :doh:

I forgot about that :$ He could well be in with a chance of the championship with performances like that :thumbsup:

As you say, Dave, Cal can put in individual laps but can't cover the power differential for a whole race. His natural position with that bike is 5th and anything higher would require superhuman effort. Being squeezed on to the rumble strip by the Doctor just as he needed max braking didn't make it easier. But VR doesn't take prisoners and that's what we love about him. So good to see him beat Marquez in a straight fight.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I didn't watch the Moto2 race (there was a prog on about Donald Campbell) but wifey did while she was doing the ironing upstairs :lol: She said poor Scott suffered the same problem as Cal.. great on the bendy bits but not enough top end speed to stay in front on the straight. Still.. 2nd is a bostin' result :rock:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Jon.M
VC10
VC10

Post by Jon.M »

I forgot about Redding's result too. :$ Another good race and Dave's wife summed it up pretty well.

Following the parallel careers of Scott Redding and Bradley Smith I've always preferred Redding who seems to be a tryer, performing better than you'd expect with the bikes he has. Smith is almost the opposite he's fast and consistent but when he's in a group of evenly matched riders he too often finishes last of that group.

I was very surprised to see him get a Moto GP ride. :dunno:

Jon

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Post by dodger »

Good Morning Gents,

What a Race!! Phew!

Best one i have seen since Rossi was last on the Yamaha, i have a feeling though that Jorge Lorenzo will be Champion again this year,

Cheers,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

There's a nice slo-mo compilation from Qatar that MotoGP.com have uploaded to YouTube if anybody's interested.

http://youtu.be/lQUxslxW2IA

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Was really nice to see Mr Rossi (Biking God) back where he belongs.

As soon as he got past the Dukes, I knew he was going to pass everyone up to Jorge. Hasn't lost a gramme of talent :thumbsup:

When I saw Dovi in front of Cal I thought 'ah no - here we go again!' - but pleased to see him squirt past and give the Hondas a tough time.

Normally I don't bother much with the Qatar race, but this year it was great. Bodes well for an exciting season.

DarrenL
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DarrenL »

These tell an interesting story.

Fastest lap - http://resources.motogp.com/files/resul ... 1_42b32825
Cal faster than Pedrosa

Speed trap, Yamahas down quite a bit on Honda and Ducati. Rossi got a good 342kph once, which might have been his slipstream of Crutchlow.
http://resources.motogp.com/files/resul ... 1_c46750ba

Cal needs to get early results while he can as the gap from factory to customer bikes will only grow as the season goes on.