UK2K Leeds Bradford Xtreme released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Re: UK2K Leeds Bradford Xtreme released

Post by speedbird591 »

I'M BACK! Image

That's the other problem with this forum - you can't have a good rant and a petulant mince off into the sunset without somebody deflating your glory moment :doh:

Thank you for your apology, George and I also apologise for going off at you in public. I also apologise to Chris for making you feel as though you had to support my post - I'm sure you'd have preferred not to have been dragged into it but I'm also grateful that you've shown that I wasn't alone in my feelings.

Nev - You won't see me at Weymouth today matey. Sundays ain't part of the working week in the Western Region - so I don't work 'em. Haha - loser! :lol:

Right - now you're all in trouble as I might have to post some screenshots of Alaska ...

Only kidding :lol:

Ian :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

You post away mate ;) Many of us here (I say US as I include myself) love the ORBX stuff abroad so feel free to post your shots :)

It's funny you know but I 'believed' my system ran FSX pretty well until I ran back to FS9 for Leeds Bradford.. something I'd dare not try to do in FSX. I popped back into FSX this morning to try Brians suggestion of switching on 'Ground Scenery Shadows' to resolve the 'no shadow' issue I had with my Hurricane at Old Warden and even before I'd got there and switched it on (I took off from Duxford) I realised that my system doesn't run FSX pretty well at all when compared to FS9. It sure looks a lot better but dear me.. it doesn't perform very well. I guess I'd got used to it being that way :(

I can run Leeds Bradford at full chat in FS9 and that includes the 4000-odd cars in the many car parks. I'm not sure I'd be able to run it at all in FSX :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Good to see everyone playing nice :lol: Sorry I've been pretty absent of late, just RW getting in the way again (nothing bad, just busy / manful etc - (on the plus side I've lost half a stone Ian :thumbsup: :lol: )

The point that George was making is that the way the FTX stuff blankets the whole of the area is messy. Its doesn't mater if its a UK2000 airport or any other, it disregards the SDK and does its own thing at the exclusion of all else. If we think about it, the FS (9 and X) developers over the years have for the most part obeyed the conventions laid down in the SDK, even when this is technically difficult, have followed the rules so that the stuff they do doesn't interfere with other folks work. Thus its easy to understand why folk feel aggrieved that someone else has come along and disregarded it. I must admit, if I'd been developing products for years taking the time to follow the guidelines and then someone came along and decided to disregard the guidelines altogether I'd be a little upset. I really only came to appreciate this recently when I had been trying to do the docks at Belfast as to how difficult it can be to follow the guidelines at times. I don't think many can argue about how good looking some of the FTX stuff is, and the screenshots bare this out. But I can see both sides of the coin on this one.

That said, its really good that they have punched the hole through for Leeds / Bradford and they should be commended for doing this so promptly. :thumbsup:
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

ChrisHunt
Concorde
Concorde

Post by ChrisHunt »

Thanks George. I apologise also for my rant! This hobby of ours sometimes gets too complicated for its own good. Now my real ire is reserved for iTunes as once again it's stuffed up my iPod so just for a change I've got to go through the process of adding all my music! :rant:

I understand what you're saying Ben but sometimes conventions need to be broken to make real progress and unfortunately MS left FSX in such a state that something drastic was called for. Now if Orbx respond to all third party issues in a similar way (and they have said they are quite happy to talk to other developers to resolve issues) then I guess we'll all be happy.

Good to see you back Ian, and so swiftly - not that you'll have much time for posting on here with all those loooooong and booooring flights in SAK you'll have planned (just kidding) :lol: .

Regards,
Chris

Eagleflight
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Eagleflight »

ChrisHunt wrote:Does look very good indeed Dave - now if Gary and Orbx can resolve the exclusions issue between them it would be worth getting to go with EU England.

Regards,
Chris
Oh if only!!! I was going to ask if this is possible. LBA freeware version that was out there wasnt bad doesnt sit too well with ORBX England but better than it was. I dont know about you guys all the bells and whistles in the orbx software makes flying VFR superb whereas with the Horizon was just good but has been bettered now and I love it.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi EF :)

You may find that ORBX have released a patch removing the blanket exclusion in the LBA area which will allow the UK2K airport to fully function. Check for updates at ORBX ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

ORBX released a patch for this as soon as they were made aware of it. It only affected the action of one jetway. As Dave says - checking at ORBX and/or UK2000 is easy enough to do. That's what I just did :lol:

Here's a link to the UK2000 forum thread. There's a link in there to the ORBX patch but you'll need to be registered on the ORBX forum to open the thread with the link in it.

http://www.uk2000scenery.org/forum/inde ... pic=7388.0

The UK2000 airport needs to be above all the FTX scenery in the scenery library. As per the note in this review: http://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/rob/egnm/egnm.htm

Ian :)