The big picture

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

The big picture

Post by TSR2 »

Earlier this week I received my payment for helping a friend out with some IT issues in his business. The payment took the form of a 42in Panasonic Ful HD TV which tonight I plugged into the PC, its a great way to fly!

Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: The big picture

Post by Nigel H-J »

Unfortunately Ben I cannot see those pictures as all I've got are boxes with a red cross with image written to the side of it. Must be the computer not being able to show your piccies. Though can imagine how brilliant it must be, bet it feels like you are in the cockpit.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Well done, Ben!
With that sized screen, you'll see heaps inside the cockpit. :thumbsup:
I'm still waiting for the computer projector price to drop further.

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Very impressive Ben.I notice that the panel doesn't seem to be distorted horizontally.My monitor is square shape but I wondered ,if it ever has to be replaced as all new monitors seem to be of the wider aspect ratio type,does that mean all instruments are stretched in order to fill the screen? *-) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Nice, i would try and hook my FSX PC to the 47inch TV but my PC weights a tonne of bricks and i aint lugging it up and down the stairs.

Tomliner, normally there is an aspect ratio set in the 2d panel section of aircraft but in FSX most fly in the VC...

Tomliner
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Tomliner »

Thanks Chris.It's a hypothetical question at the moment added to which I'm still on FS9.I just like to know these things. :) EricT
Now at the age where I know I like girls but can't remember why!

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

This new tele is in "my room" so two lots of sticky fingers won't get near it. The old Panasonic, which is working fine and has survived crayons, jam and god knows what else will stay in the living room until Penny is well past the stages of sticking things or fingers to it. The panel shot is the VC Eric, so from memory VC's don't suffer the stretching the same way as the 2D panel does.

ImageImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That's correct.. 3D doesn't suffer stretching at all.. only 2D :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Post by dodger »

Wow Ben, very nice now that's what you call doing the business! :)

I am still on a 21 inch CRT but i have a Frensel Lens 10inchs from the screen which has made the picture a bit bigger,

If i may ask on this thread, when using FSX and i go to the outside view [the one for screenshots] some times it's like F9 and then another time the view is close up to the aircraft and panning out distorts the plane, if it's a normal view i do Save it but i was wondering if perhaps it was to do with the Graphics card but i have seen other shots with the same distorted views so maybe it's a FSX thing! :dunno:

Cheers,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Roger, that happens to me too, but its only when I don't restart the sim between changing aircraft. e.g. First flight after starting the sim is fine. If I then change the aircraft without restarting the sim, the external view is incredibly close up and you need to zoom right back to see anything, which distorts the image.

ImageImageImage