Sad day at Newquay / St Mawgan

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Sad day at Newquay / St Mawgan

Post by dfarrow »

Happened to be in Cornwall earlier today , and was able to see VC-10K3 ZA148 G make her last flight from BZZ to NQY . 1 flyby , 1 g/a , off into the local area and a final howling of 4 Conways to landing and reverse . The Fire trucks gave her a well earned salute and she shut down at Classic Flights old Nimrod hangar . Didn't think I'd see one again so really lucky . Mind you the rumour is she'll be in flyable storage for some while just in case 101sqn need to borrow her to head out East again . If I can remember photobucket I'll try and put a snap up .

Rgds Dave f .

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Sad day at Newquay / St Mawgan

Post by Nigel H-J »

Mind you the rumour is she'll be in flyable storage for some while just in case 101sqn need to borrow her to head out East again .
Judging by the rants of bl**dy Cameron and if given his wish it will be sooner than you think!! :rant:

Sorry, but cannot stand that man :rant: :rant:

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Nigel , luckily by the time we 'd got to Cornwall on Sunday ...... He'd gone ! Also no fone , radio , tv , 'pooter ; much better a VC than any politician . [ Even had to get dictionary out to check spelling ] !

ATB dave f .

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dave

Last time I was in Cornwall was around 1964 staying at what was then called Little Orchard Village (Ithink it was in St Agnes) but remember one place we used to go surfing called Chapelporth Beach?? *-)

Couple of weeks time and will be going down to Paignton for 5 days, saved up hard and this is our first break for a looong time. Love the area and may even have a look at house prices as would really love to retire there or even in one of the villages nearby!!

Oh dear, going off subject again......sorry!! :doh:

Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Nigel H-J wrote:
Judging by the rants of bl**dy Cameron and if given his wish it will be sooner than you think!! :rant:

Sorry, but cannot stand that man :rant: :rant:
Nor can I Nigel...But I don't mention that around here as SWMBO thinks he is wonderful! :S

BTW...Just as a matter of interest...If you fired a missile into Syria, what would be the target???...I think that selection process might be a bit tricky!

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6MpYIf- ... dded#t=896

Although sad to see the grounded :( , she will at least remain intact :excited:
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Gary , thanks for finding that , my fotobucket skill has eroded .

rgds dave f .

sketchy74
Vulcan
Vulcan
Location: Los Angeles, California, But an ExPat Brit from Cornwall

Post by sketchy74 »

Thanks for posting the video, I was back home in Cornwall last month, shame this flight did not coincide with my once every two year trip home! Great video editing skills making Cornwall look dry and sunny too! :lol:

I am sure that museum will be fantastic next time I go back to the UK and down to the Duchy, it will be good to see a Nimrod down there too as from what I read that is the intent. I have many good memories of school hikes along the north coastal path as the aircraft from 42Sqn came back in to land in the early evening light... Nimrods at St Mawgan.... Starting to feel my age now!

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

'Tis a Curates egg Sketchy , 4 days in N. Carnwall were all sunny , all the uk has had a v,g summer ............sorry to say , don't think there's a Nimrod at EGHQ it's newish code . There's a runner at Bruntingthorpe [ NE of Coventry ] but it might be an R1.
Revising for O levels in back garden .... used to see them testing from Hatfield , but over Naarfick .
Rgds Dave f .

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

Also the one at Elvington (Nimrod) is a runner, (as is the Victor) & I don't think that's about to go south - in more ways than I meant :agree:
Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC