alphasim FS9 in FSX

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

alphasim FS9 in FSX

Post by J0hn »

Just in case anyone was wondering, and you probably all know and I'll make myself look daft, but I've been testing a lot of alphasim models in FSX recently - what with P3Dv2 my main 'top-of-the-tree' civvy sim nowadays. It leaves FSX free for the lower standard freeware stuff that's still fun to fly, and for experimenting a bit more (not such a disaster if I mess it up).

Anyway, today's test involved their old Jaguar sets, Phantom sets and the two B-52 packs (G and H). I also tried the Galaxy, F-111, Blinder and Backfire - though I don't remember if those were originally FSX or FS9 models.

The good news is that they all work very well indeed. I just had to make the thumbnails and that was it. All hunky-dory. Okay, the Jaguar VC is not exactly top drawer - but it's good enough. I'm going to have lots of fun with FSX now! :)

Oh - and don't tell anyone, but I have FSX standard - which doesn't include some of the 'Gold' or deluxe edition aircraft but.. ssshhh... you can copy over the model folders from P3D and they all work then, in FSX. :shhh:

So now I can use the Maule for my farmstripping :thumbsup:

PS - I checked and it's definitely the FS9 Galaxy - quite a nice job, too :) The sound files need replacing, though (aliases to B737_400 - I put in the Wilco B777 ones and it sounds pretty good)