Just Flight Easter Sale

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Just Flight Easter Sale

Post by J0hn »

Not that much on offer - mostly mods of the texture and physics kind (that haven't exactly been going "viral" as they say these days).

LINK

Saying that - I'm tempted by the F-111 for a tenner. *-)

Ah - just seen there's a page 2!

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Just Flight Easter Sale

Post by J0hn »

I succumbed! The F-111 is now in my virtual hangar. Though I've not even flown the Viscount I bought in the last sale, yet! :lol:

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

These sales are coming so fast now I'm considering "Plastic Surgery" - gonna cut my credit card in two. :agree:

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Y E S...

The Fairchild 24 and Bronco are possible maybe's but I've already got so many receipts against Mastertronic this month (some this week too).. I'm wondering if I'm actually earning enough to cover the deficit 8)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

The Bronco is the Aerosoft one isn't it? It's a nice model. Got it when it first came out, but haven't flown it for a while. Must give it an airing.
Dave G.

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

I've flown it a while ago (not on my rig) and I agree it is quite nice. Though I haven't felt the urge to fly it again (especially with two nice freeware ones that are almost as good).

I'd have the Majestic Dash 8 if they reduced it more than a couple of quid. I see they are now selling a tutorial video product (8 hours' worth iirc) for that, too. For another 20 quid, of course! 8)

I think this is getting silly.

Go and buy a DCS aircraft and you get just as much tutorial/instruction included in the price.In fact, anyone can view them for free on YT:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wagmatt

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I can actually make the Majestic Dash8 fly now and all without any tutorial :lol: It's selling for 25% off but as it's a shade under £40.. paying £30 is still a lot of dosh (that's what I bought it for) :( It still flies like it's broken mind you.. the ever present prop torque being a complete pain in the arris until you're doing in excess of 235kias where it becomes a minor inconvenience rather than a constant fight. I don't think it's as easy on frames as the punters make out either but that could be my rig.

I'll have to go and see how much they're asking for the Bronco :worried:
EDIT#1Hmm.. £19.99 instead of £23.99 isn't a huge saving is it :(
Wonder if Ben's nabbed the 737 Pro for £9.99?? :wasntme:

EDIT#2 Dagnabit.. another £19.99 bites the dust :wall:
That said.. it IS a nice model and a nice flight model too (especially when I switched AccuFeel off!!) 8) Ground handling is a bit fierce (could be AccuFeel.. I left 'Land' ticked) but nothing that can't be handled. Not happy to have forked out another £20 but certainly happy with what I got for it. I don't even have to edit the model to change the nav lights either.. they're good as they come straight out of the box! Well done Aerosoft ;) Take note Lionheart! 8)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Thanks for the opinion of the Majestic - I'll steer well clear of it, then. The PSS offering is not so bad.

Charlie Hotel
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Charlie Hotel »

I went for the B707 Pro at £5. It's not bad, but the Texture and Config Editor is a pain. I do wish developers wouldn't put these configuration doodads with the models. I can set up the load and fuel in flight sim, thanks very much. This one can't even set up the fuel correctly and it doesn't have the right number of tanks so all the fuel is in the centre and 2 inner tanks at anything less than 80% full. Fuel management becomes a matter of just turning on all the crossfeeds and pumps from start to finish - not very realistic. I might ditch the editor and go into the config file with a sharpened text editor and do some surgery.
The pressurization seems non-existant. The controls are active but don't seem to do anything.
On the other hand, the model looks nice and the 2D panels are lovely. But passenger views in the cargo version? Very odd. Flies well; the autopilot is a bit quirky though.

All in all, good value for a fiver, but glad I didn't pay the full price - £20 - £30 was it?

CH

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes.. a fiver isn't bad for this model. I'm sure I paid a fair whack more back in the day 8)

I think the AP was my biggest gripe with it and a major reason why it was never flown in anger. Rather than use default AP coding, CS went with their own version which as you say, is functional but quirky. The quirky bit being it will not integrate with any 'standard' flight planner software (FSNavigator for example) so for longhaul flights.. you have to be there all the time.. this because only 2 of the 3 channels will integrate at any given time. CS made it fully compatible with INS but this was above and beyond what I wanted. A good looking model and super 2D panels (for FS9). Never really flew it with the VC.. I removed the VC with a hex editor as it killed FR's :worried: Knowing what it was like in FS9, I never went for the FSX version.
Still.. you get a lot of stuff for a fiver ;)

Having spent £19.99 on the Bronco, I've managed to fight off any urge to get the Fairchild 24 (which on the face of it is a much better deal) :cpu:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage