ZD241 - Bruntingthorpe

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Tonks
The Ministry

ZD241 - Bruntingthorpe

Post by Tonks »

One from yesterday...

ImageVC10 K4 ZD241 by ZZ330, on Flickr

Did the run today... great fun! Found this in YouTube..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlHU8i5 ... e=youtu.be

And really great to meet Mr Dave Maltby there... good to see you again DM! :thumbsup:

Tonks :)
It's NOT real!!!!!

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Re: ZD241 - Bruntingthorpe

Post by NigelC »

Car alarms a plenty! :lol:

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Lovely stuff mate. We have a house full of lurgy so didn't make it down... Again... So here's hoping for August.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Yes, had a great day at Bruntingthorpe again. I just love the place.
Nice to meet Tonks aboard ZD241, albeit rather too briefly. We both had our respective girls to look after. ;)
Even when we bumped into each other outside, think Mr T may have been helping with the removal of several camper vans and I was chasing after my pair who were running off to the toilet block. :lol:

That video is great. Much better position than we chose.
You can hear some nice tones out of the engines from there, it lacked in subtlety stood right next to them. :lol: (good rumble though)
Anyway, nice display Tonks, you certainly got her to shift on the double. :thumbsup:

I particularly enjoyed the manoeuvres out to the runway.

Ready to depart.
Tonks certainly looks ready to go.
Not much room for a camper van under those pods! (Our car parked on the end of the row)
I love the way no one hassles you for your own "safety". It's just the basics, like not getting run over!
Temporary stop. One of the crew had the door open to negotiate the removal of a loud speaker in order to get onto the runway.

I was confused as to what was happening to the remaining VC10s before today, but it's been decided that XR808 is off to Cosford in bits (to be rebuilt) and ZD241 remains as the runner at Brunty.

DM
ImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Looks like a great day out David. Id have done anything to escape the house yesterday. Daisy has started singing the same song from the Disney film "Frozen" on repeat and I was her captive Audience. Nice to see Mr. T at "Home" again. Any idea when 808 is going to Cosford? Its a real shame she didn't fly in.

ImageImageImage

MALTBY D
The Gurus

Post by MALTBY D »

Sorry, I don't know anything more about the plans for XR808.
I was asking the lady with a collection bucket outside ZD241, so it was her that told me about it. She also said they're aiming to get a hangar at Brunty for ZD241.
I don't know where 808 would be intended to go on display at Cosford.

Pippa sings part of a song from Frozen, wonder if it's the same one?
Fortunately, she only sings the one line and usually only because we ask, as it makes us laugh. She gets increasingly loud at the end - "We used to be best buddies, but now we're not, I wish you would tell me WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !"
Wouldn't fancy the whole thing on perma-loop. :wall: :lol:

DM
ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I've watched that video, and all I can say is ...Tonks, I'm very disappointed in you. I was hoping you would 'do a Victor'. Even just a little one. ;) :lol:

Tonks
The Ministry

Post by Tonks »

Great pics Dave!

No chance Paul... I have a licence to keep!!!! :lol:

The contract is being sorted for 808 and they hope to move it fairly soon... the fuselage is going in one piece, so avoid the motorways that day!!!

Tonks :thumbsup:
It's NOT real!!!!!

airboatr
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by airboatr »

Any pics of DM from the air then , Tonks.. :OB:

I'm pleased you all had a nice day of meeting friends ... Winged and otherwise. ;)

Thanks for posting the pics . :)

Cheers

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

MALTBY D wrote: Pippa sings part of a song from Frozen, wonder if it's the same one?
Fortunately, she only sings the one line and usually only because we ask, as it makes us laugh. She gets increasingly loud at the end - "We used to be best buddies, but now we're not, I wish you would tell me WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !"
Wouldn't fancy the whole thing on perma-loop. :wall: :lol: DM
Ah yes, that's "the other one" Daisy has been singing. That's what I get when I ask for a break from "let it go". I think its called "Do you want to build a snowman." In short, I don't want to build a snowman and I really do wish she would let it go. :lol:

We were out this afternoon getting some food shopping in and two women overheard her and asked if she would sing it for them (the "let it go" one.) I sniggered as they thought they'd get a few lines, but I knew they'd get the full 3 minutes :lol:

Tonks, really pleased to hear she isn't being cut. It will be a nice addition to Cosford. Did you end up taking the JP out?

ImageImageImage