Scottish Gladiator

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Re: Scottish Gladiator

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks for those shots JOhn.
One of those glider trailers came through our little town recently, very carefully negotiating the roundabout. Naturally, no camera on hand.
Well, we all like our scenery to look "real", but until we all own monster machines, we have to draw the line somewhere.
I've dropped a few of ORBX animated zombies into Barra, and while you're taxying or flying in/out, a glimpse of the moving bods is pretty neat. Focus being on not crashing into anything of course.
Sure, if you sit there watching the animation, it's not the same as Wallace & Gromit, but if I want that, I reach for the TV.
BTW, FSDS doesn't like something about Barra, perhaps the ghost of that texture file that went crazy. That's why I have time to write this.

biplaneflyer
Meteor
Meteor

Re: Scottish Gladiator

Post by biplaneflyer »

Well I will buy Orbx for their individual airports -though wish they would make them photoscenery compatiable - expensive though they are, (I see some of their developer s i.e. SIM 720 have realised this.) but as a R/L pilot - sorry I have flown in NW USA/Canadian Rockies and over much of UK and none of there 'generic' sceneries looks like what I've flown over in R/L. Photoscenery is the best for me - it has serious limitations and is costly but at leat you see what is on the ground. But thats me - I like to do a lot of VFR flying, others may not be as picky. As for the gliders- I think it's lazy - but other developers apart from Orbx do it too, including Mr Summons - tried to point him in Wolfgang Pipers direction before, but to little avail - usually remove his statics anyway. It's a pity with the Scotflight scenery - I have to say I think a lot of it seriously needs updates- some of the models are distincly fs98 - which spoils it. Earthsimulations seem to be on the game at present - having also lived in the Isle of Man, visted the Channel Isles and Scilly Isles - I have to say at least their stuff looks like the places I have seen - although they do need to update Ronaldsway just a little bit.