Plain, white and still ugly

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Plain, white and still ugly

Post by DaveB »

The title sums it up :lol:

Fed up with Bristow, Bond, Bond or Bristow.. I decided some weeks ago to give the Nemeth Super Puma L2 a new set of clothes.. and then forgot about it. :lol: This is as far as I got.. a base white which at some point, will probably end up with RAE red and blue added :)

I tried hard this morning to find an attractive, flattering angle for it but gave up.. there isn't one :lol: The original Puma could never be called a handsome looking airframe but I think AS employed a Russian design team for the stretched model! I may also throw some BHC paint on it and use it for the Penzance-Scillies run.. that is if I'm not overcome with nausea first :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Plain, white and still ugly

Post by J0hn »

Dave, if it's possible for you to upload that plain paint somewhere, I'd be very grateful, size permitting of course. :)

Don't know what you mean with the original Puma, though, I though they looked great - a bit cramped inside (spent many hours in them as a passenger)

basys
VC10
VC10

Post by basys »

Hi Folks

Dave -
Gobsmacked that 5 years after release
they still haven't fixed/patched those navlights.

Or corrected its naming & physical confusion
between being an AS332 or an EC225.

AS332 4 blade main 5 blade tail
EC225 5 blade main 4 blade tail

More so that it ever got through beta in that state.

ATB
Paul
I've never felt so frustrated....... died so frequently/spectacularly/or needlessly....... yet had so much fun, in a long time.
Flight's Landing Challenges - Earn your wings !

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hi JD :hello:

You can have the plain white paint matey. I'll dig the relevant bits out and upload it here ;)

Paul.. in my experience.. ND don't update/fix navlights which, it has to be said, are diabolical for the most part. Its not so bad if they're external (not modelled).. a quick swap with something more suitable will suffice but for the others.. it's a trip into MCX then Notepad++ to change them 8) . The model I've put that paint on is the AS332puma.. 4/4 (as opposed to 4/5)

EDIT: Here you go John.. WHITE
It's heftier than it should be at 38.2mb.. I've not walked my way through what I can and can't get away with yet so you have the lot for that paint. There's a cfg entry inside the zip too ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Amzing Dave...I've always thought of the Puma as one of, if not the best looking Helicopter of all time...the species is inheritantly ugly
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Thanks very much for that, Dave :thumbsup:

I've been wanting to repaint my Super Pumas for years, but I don't think I got on too well with the texture sets when I looked - admittedly a long time ago now.

No worries about size for me now I'm on FTTC. Yesterday afternoon I downloaded the entire P3Dv2 and SDK (10.6GB) in just 42 minutes - and that at half speed! :-O

By the way, Dave, have you tried 7zip? It's a free archiver and a small download. It works with all archive formats that I know of, but is much more efficient. That 38.3 MB file you uploaded got squashed to 28MB with it!

http://www.7-zip.org/

I've been using it for donkeys years - even preferred it over the payware one I bought. Highly recommended. ;)

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Red & green nav lights are swapped... :worried: :wasntme:
Dave G.

basys
VC10
VC10

Post by basys »

Hi Folks
DaveG wrote:Red & green nav lights are swapped... :worried: :wasntme:
Exactly my point,
and 4 years on from identifying. :rant:

ATB
Paul
I've never felt so frustrated....... died so frequently/spectacularly/or needlessly....... yet had so much fun, in a long time.
Flight's Landing Challenges - Earn your wings !

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I don't usually turn them on on this model as they're so bad! In fact, I don't fly this model much anyway despite the fact its not a bad FD. Will sort the navs IDC;)
edit:BTW Paul, that IS an old model, I've had it for years and rarely flown it.;)
ATB
Dave:)
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

In addition Paul(I'm on the pc now and not on the Windows phone) I see what you mean about ND not patching the lights now. The majority of folk complain because they're too darned big and nothing ever comes back from ND 8) I've had a look at the model and they're listed incorrectly in the mdl itself. I have some suitable replacements (courtesy of DG who's nav lights adorn a great many of my models :lol: ) so I'll change them in the model. Can't do anything about the rotors though :|

EDIT: Here we go..
The only problem is.. there are another 7 mdls to change :( I had a look at the 3 patches available.. 2 of them are the same (despite being listed as patch 2 and patch 3.. patch 3 is an exe file version of patch 2 that you have to rename in order for it to work!!! :wall: ) and none of them address the navs being the wrong way round let alone their size. Pee poor in reality as these are NOT cheap models. CBA to download the full version again (in case they were changed without them telling anyone).. I'll chip away at doing the other 7 by hand ;)

Oh.. and John.. I have 7zip but didn't use it for the upload in case you didn't have it! :wall: :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage