Philadelphia Experiment

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Philadelphia Experiment

Post by DaveB »

What do you make of this my good fellows...

Now.. the rain hasn't made it invisible if that's what you're all thinking :lol: This little tinker is one of the default water_tankers included in the ES IoS boat traffic file. I've seen it before on the other side of the islands (to the west) while en-route my Nimitz group but forgot to follow it up. Today (at a different time) it was to the east of the islands and still looking equally opaque :-O The odd thing is.. I use this tanker as an RFA 'Stand-in' in one of my retro carrier groups and it always displays fine :dunno:

I'm not sure if this matters but on a previous install (WinXP machine).. I repainted this tanker to represent Rame Head as a static in Portsmouth Harbour (down the trot) and it worked fine. Can't say I ever noticed it off the IoS but this may have been because it was partially invisible! Due to the abhorrent ES install routine where things are never the same one install to the next.. a lot of my ES scenery on the Win7 pc is comprised of files dragged from the XP machine. I honestly can't see why this would make a difference but I can't think of anything else. I guess I could drag the repainted default files off the XP machine and put them on this one to see if the Klingon 'Cloaking effect' goes away but still.. as this ship displays fine as AI in one of my traffic files, it's logical that it should display fine in the ES boat traffic file.. Mr Spock :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

basys
VC10
VC10

Re: Philadelphia Experiment

Post by basys »

Hi Folks

Dave -
That vessel is - VEH_water_Sulphurqueen_sm
not the - VEH_water_tanker03_sm

I've no idea whether -
"Sulfur Queen"'s inclusion in IOS traffic was intentional,
or a result of something you'd done. :)

"Sulfur Queen" is a material-tweaked derivative model,
created specifically for use in the 'Bermuda Triangle' mission.
You should fly it, you'd enjoy it. ;)

It's unlikely that you'd repainted the "Sulfur Queen" model
as her textures are named VEH_water_Sulphurqueen.dds,
Yes you could change her colours, but she'll still be transparent.

The original version of the model is - VEH_water_tanker03_sm
for comparative info, please see FS-Shipyards.com - Source Files->FSX - Default Scenery Objects - Vessels

HTH
ATB
Paul
I've never felt so frustrated....... died so frequently/spectacularly/or needlessly....... yet had so much fun, in a long time.
Flight's Landing Challenges - Earn your wings !

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

...and I say to myself,
It's a wonderful wooorlld.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Hiya Paul :hello:

Well bless my soul.. Sulphur Queen. Thanks for that mate. I've never done any of the missions and wasn't aware Sulphur Queen even existed. I've looked again at the ES IoS boat traffic file and SQ is listed twice, Why Darren would add it I've absolutely no idea but it's certainly none of my doing. A little 'Easter Egg' perhaps.. at regular intervals :lol:

Now I know it's not me and something else (plus the fact I know what Sulphur Queen is now!).. I'll remove the little tinker and put something more visible in it's place ;)

Cheers mate.. appreciate that :thumbsup:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!