Virgin's New Aircraft

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Virgin's New Aircraft

Post by dodger »

Hi Chaps,

I had Flightradar24 on this morning and seeing i am not getting a lot of aircraft flying over me now i have moved to Devon i saw an aircraft doing a U turn over Lands End, after looking at the details it was Virgins new Boeing 787-9 G-VNEW ,not having kept up with the civil scene of late i see it was on a flight out of Heathrow and back to Gatwick, so i am assuming it will get it's Water Hose treatment,

As usual nothing on the TV about it Live [what else] but it would have been nice to have seen it arrive at Gatwick.

Of course i maybe totally wrong and it is not it's first flight ;)

Cheers,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Virgin's New Aircraft

Post by cstorey »

It was delivered from Everett last week, and they did quite a number of short proving flights round the UK. I saw it on the approach to Liverpool 09 one day ( only the 2nd one I've seen at low level, the other being the "All Blacks " Air New Zealand one

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

dodger wrote:i am assuming it will get it's Water Hose treatment,
Best keep it close at hand :-#

Yep :agree: delivered 10th October

The 787 is getting old hat now, but, this is one on the latest a -9 and as such still rather rare.
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL08Xy6rVWQ

The very one....at Liverpool... :thumbsup:

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

dodger
Concorde
Concorde

Post by dodger »

Hi Chaps,

Well like i said i have not kept up with the latest civil news but i'm only a week behind it all to do with this 787-9 Birthday Girl! ;)

Thanks for the link Tony, there is also is a good video at the end of that one taken at Prestwick last week and it was great to see the spotters able to get some good views of the aircraft.

Cheers,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

cstorey
Concorde
Concorde

Post by cstorey »

I think that was its second visit of the day to EGGP . The first was about 1120 BST and was a 09 approach ( although I don't know whether it circled to land on 27 ) . Despite my doubts about the thing, it is rather a nice looking aeroplane

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

For me the jury is still out on bendy plastic wings - I know (having worked a bit in the GRP industry that GRP & its clones has a flex modulus greater than metals, but not sure when one joins lots of bits together so in the end its not one homogeneous lump. Shades of No Highway to come????
Keith

Garry Russell
The Ministry

Post by Garry Russell »

Certainly the extra length improves the aesthetics...just need to do something about that awful nose

There are plastic kits and other models about...they really should have alternate wings foe ground and inflight. *-)
Garry

"In the world of virtual reality things are not always what they seem."