P3d 2.4 FSUIPC4 4.937 Wilco Harrier

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

SamRo
Comet
Comet

P3d 2.4 FSUIPC4 4.937 Wilco Harrier

Post by SamRo »

any one tried it? mines not working... not shore why? any ideas?

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Re: P3d 2.4 FSUIPC4 4.937 Wilco Harrier

Post by J0hn »

I can give it a go.

Haven't got the Wilco Harrier installed at the moment, but I will try it and see.

Might be a day or two before I get time to try it and get back to you, though - but definitely before the weekend.

ggi
Meteor
Meteor

Post by ggi »

The Wilco Harrier has some abnormal behaviour - but dont worry because the support team (if you can contact them) will tell you that its definitely a customer handling error. Instead of complaning about your own ineptitude handling FS aircraft, why not instead invest in their wonderful Tecnam 2006? It's already been designed to be compatible with the Commodore Amiga 500.

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

Sam, I've just finished flying the Wilco Harrier GR3 from Coningsby.

It does work - after a fashion. I installed the model to FSX, then copied over the components to P3Dv2. Not forgetting the xml entry for the HUD.

It did fly - but I had no control over the nozzles (even the lever inside the 'pit refused to move) and after take-off, which was incredibly short considering the nozzles were completely back, I was unable to raise the flaps and the aircraft kept rolling to the right at certain speeds. The HUD worked, but it ain't pretty.

It's a while since I flew this in FSX, and as far as I remember, I thought it wasn't bad - but I wouldn't fly it in P3Dv2 unless for testing or 'photoshoots'.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Am I permitted to mention Razbam's :hide: AV8B, which whilst not exactly a Harrier per se is imo superior to Wilco's effort but not perfect by any means. :wasntme:
Alex

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I think we'll allow it :lol:

These things often pop-up in sales so Sam may find it useful as an alternative ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

J0hn
Concorde
Concorde

Post by J0hn »

I bought the Razzer GR7/9 on recommendation from the chaps here - but I've not had chance to fully test it out as yet. Just sat on the runway for a 'quick butchers' :)
There are two packages - the GR7/9 for the Brits and the AV-8 for the other types :lol:

It does look very nice, however, we are talking generational differences between the GR1 and 3 and the 7 and 9. I see the difference as the 1 and 3 being cold war '70's and '80's, whilst the 7 and 9 are very much modern, post-iron curtain machines. When I jump in a GR3, it's full of nostalgia and like an old friend from the days I was serving. The GR9 is like a modern wonder. Even if it isn't so modern these days.

Mind you, I used to look on it as up to GR3 is British and anything after that is pretty much U.S. with some Brit stuff in it :hide:

Anyway, the rolling to the right turned out to be the 'torque' setting in the P3D realism options. I had everything fully to the right, but dropped them left one by one to find the little begger - and that was it. All of my aircraft, regardless of layout or jet/prop, were pulling badly to the right from the moment I pulled away on the take-off runs and then rolling right in the air.

From now on, it's staying well to the left! :agree:

SamRo
Comet
Comet

Post by SamRo »

ive had another look will try reinstalling.. seems its properly broken in V2.4...

SamRo
Comet
Comet

Post by SamRo »

ok reinstalled and reported, reinstalled FSUIPC...

now works :-)
its a fiddle to fly but looks lovely, did a quick test out of EG74 with 25% jungle juice on board, started fine, hovered/hover taxied fine landed fine shut down fine..yet to test transition to forward flight, did rock the noseles right forward and backed up nicely so thinking it will work... we will see.. will test later tonight!

I do like the "US" Harriers but I wanted the British one :-)
is there a GR1 atal does anyone know?

Cheers Sam.