TFC

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

TFC

Post by DaveB »

A couple of shots of the TFC.. some of them anyway :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

JensOle
Meteor
Meteor

Re: TFC

Post by JensOle »

Nice!

Some very good memories from down there in real life :-)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Cheers Jens :thumbsup: The ACG Duxford completes the picture ;) That's on a 'non-show' day with the 2013 update :rock:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

edetroit
Meteor
Meteor

Post by edetroit »

Lovely duo Dave. Always a pleasure to see Duxford in virtual or real life. :welldone:
regards

Ed

My FS Videos

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Great shots. In fact, there's probably more there than in real life - TFC is a shadow of its former self, IMO. :(

I must get ACG's Duxford sorted out. It has the P3DV2-related disappearing taxiway problem down near the Land Warfare Hall and I have to use ADE to fix it, so I am told.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Oh dear.. no idea about Duxford in P3D I'm afraid. DG probably has it installed so may be of some help to you :)

All of the aircraft above are still listed as being on 'company strength' with TFC.. their only notable loss being the Tiger Cat which went back west a while ago. OFMC on the other hand have only ZD-B and Frankie plus an RV8, Pitts S2S and the Sukhoi Duo (which can be made available for display). Make that ZD-B and Frankie :( TFC aren't doing so bad in the grand scale of things ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

DaveB wrote:DG probably has it installed so may be of some help to you :)
Indeed I do :) Not at the PC at the mo, but I can run through the procedure later if you like. :cpu: Only takes a minute or two.
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

DaveG wrote: Not at the PC at the mo, but I can run through the procedure later if you like. :cpu: Only takes a minute or two.
Hi Dave,

I originally raised the issue on ACG's forum in this thread:
http://airfieldconstructiongroup.org/fo ... f=62&t=969

Dan231 pointed me to ADE. and to this tutorial:
http://scruffyduck.clarify-it.com/d/zq9mtw

Following the Scruffyduck tutorial, I started up ADE ( version 01.65.5452.12450 by the way ) and selected File/Open Airport from Bgl

I then selected D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Addon Scenery\ACG IWM Duxford FSX\scenery\AFX_EGSU.bgl

Now, I've followed the tutorial down to and including ' Set Taxipath Draw Flags to Default Values' and everything looks fine ( in my version of ADE I have Yes and No instead of True and False, but it all seems to work ).

I click on save - but it doesn't make any difference in the sim - the taxiways are still missing.

The questions are;

1 ) Should I be selecting EGSU using File/Open Airport from Bgl - or is it better to select EGSU another way ?

2 ) Am I using the correct .bgl file anyway ? There are a number of them in the Scenery folder.

3 ) Is there anything else I should do before or after clicking 'Reset All Draw Flags ' and 'Save' ? 'Export' maybe ?

Any help gratefully received. :)

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Hi Paul,

sounds like you're doing it right, but you need to click "compile airport" from the file menu. ADE will probably give it a different file name, so you can either accept this, or save it with the original name, in which case, make a backup first. ;) If you use a different name, don't forget to disable the original AFX_EGSU.bgl. Also, check where ADE will be actually saving the compiled bgl, as it may not be the same folder that you selected the bgl from.
Dave G.

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Thanks for that Dave. Unfortunately, I get an error after clicking 'compile airport'. The Issue Manager says ' This Runway is duplicated. An error is raised for each duplicate. Please check and fix the appropriate one.' Got to head for bed now, but any pointers as to what I should do will be welcome. :)