DME on Just Flight DC6

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: DME on Just Flight DC6

Post by Nigel H-J »

:'( bye bye!! :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

Changing the radios in the VC would require rather more work mate. This option seemed a very quick, painless and functional answer to your solution. It would be equally possible to have that popup showing only the DME if that's all you wanted but as the original showed all the radios (except a DME).. I left it alone. The BK stack is more pleasing to the eye than the Collins set. It can also be resized in the cfg if you don't want to keep resizing it. I thought FS remembered chosen sizes from the sim but the BK stack had gone back to huge again when I looked today 8)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply but I am still having a bit of a problem. :worried: ........I did as you said about changing the panel cfg but now what I need to know is how or what do you press for it to show? *-) Tried as I did I could not find a way for it to pop up (so to speak). I have found that with the Just Flight DC6 there is the VC view and cockpit view, the latter just accessing the radar controls and nothing else, there is no 2d view to speak of. Bit frustrating in a sense but now even more so for you!!!! :hide: :help: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you are able to and have the patience then would be extremely grateful if you could a.) advise how to get it to pop up!! :worried: and b.) if you can tell me how to do it just show the DME.

Sorry about this but what should be, to all intents and purposes straight forward is not happening my end. :wall:

If no reply today I will be back Wednesday.

Regards
Nigel.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Nigel.. mate.. I think you're showing your age a bit :lol:

The way you bring up 2D windows in both FS9 and FSX (and all other versions that I can remember) is to use shift+. Shift+1 is usually the main panel.. shift+2 can be whatever is allocated.. shift+3 e t c and on it goes :)

This is the 2D window insert from the JF DC6..
[Window Titles]
Window00=GPS
Window01=RADAR
Window02=RADIO STACK
Window03=Autopilot

The DC6 doesn't have a 'main' 2D panel so.. the first 2D window is GPS. Hit shift+1 and the GPS will display (press shift+1 again to remove it). The second 2D window is the radar so hit shift+2 to bring the radar up (and again to remove it). The 3rd 2D window is the radio stack so hit shift+3 to bring the radio stack up. If you press a shift+ number where no window is allocated.. FSX will come up and tell you and show which keystrokes bring up which windows. If you leave this screen.. it will go in a few seconds :)

There.. hows that :cpu:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Dave,

I think you are right, I am showing my age!! When I got home went onto FSX and found it on the view menu bar!! :wall: :wall:

Lined up East Midlands RW27 to intercept the Trent VOR at 18DME.

From the 1st picture I resized it so that it was not too much of a distraction then slipped it down to the bottom of the screen bottom left side and leave it there until I need to check the DME again.

Thanks for your help and really sorry that I brought a senior moment to you!!!

Regards
Nigel.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

No problem Nige :thumbsup: I'll slip the DC6 quietly back into storage again ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage