JF Tornado on Pre-Order!

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TangoEcho
Meteor
Meteor

Re: JF Tornado on Pre-Order!

Post by TangoEcho »

It plainly states a separate German pack will be at available £4.99 but free on pre order.
Regards

Tom

rohan
Trident
Trident

Post by rohan »

... which is a change that's been posted since I looked at the website just after the announcement !

8)

Steve M
Viscount
Viscount

Post by Steve M »

Not a happy bunny here.

Installed this afternoon, lovely model and VC but on an i7 running at 4.5 ghz with 8 gb of RAM and a 4gb GTX 970 card frame rates in the VC are between 4 and 12. Lots of other similar complaints on the JF forum. I'm hoping they will get it sorted soonest.

Steve M

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Hi Steve same here. Try turning off the terrain radar to the left of the hud I found that smoothed out a little.

Fsuipc user warning here... anyone that uses a flap and/or spoiler axis/buttons may encounter issues. I have in prepar3d so have had to assign through the sim.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well.. I eventually fell into the trap and pre-ordered too but after reading this and other posts elsewhere, I don't think I'll bother downloading it yet. I've no idea how big the download is but HD space is reported as being in excess of 3gig.. perhaps closer to 4 :poke: When asked on SoH how it runs.. similar to the Canberra was the replay and if folk with i7's are having problems.. I think I'll save myself the download as my i5 will have no chance!!

Another hearty thumbs up to JF 8)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

Dave, it runs yes similar to the Canberra TBH, you can reduce the texture size and I'm not sure but possibly the rear Cockpit. I'm back on the PC tonight to test more on the FSUIPC assignments.

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

Are any of you perchance running Windows 8, but with FSX in compatability mode for Win7? I believe that causes major fps problems with some JF stuff - definitely the Canberra.
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No :lol:

From what delta558 has said.. the way the Tonka performs appears to be random at the moment with no firm clue to what might be slowing it down. Folk with lower systems are running it ok but some with high-end systems are having problems (and t'other way round). I'm on day off today so against my better judgement, I'm gonna download it and see what happens. :worried:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Effoh
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Effoh »

DaveB wrote:No :lol:

From what delta558 has said.. the way the Tonka performs appears to be random at the moment with no firm clue to what might be slowing it down. Folk with lower systems are running it ok but some with high-end systems are having problems (and t'other way round). I'm on day off today so against my better judgement, I'm gonna download it and see what happens. :worried:
ATB
DaveB B)smk

There's just no holding you is there :-) :thumbsup:
Rgds,

Colin
Gentleman (n.) Someone who knows how to play the bagpipes, but doesn't

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

He who dares, wins, Rodney :lol:

Quite a lengthy download for the 1.22gb installer. Installed ok. Chose no RIO and 1024 maps. Opened her up and greeted by 8.9fps in the cockpit :doh: No RTFM here.. looked at the available windows.. clicked on RAPID START and flicked every switch. A bit of flap and off we stutter. The further from mother earth one gets.. the frame rates creep up. A brief high of 23 externally though 19 seems the norm +/-. Internally.. FR's got to an unsteady 12-13fps.. higher on occasions, lower on others.

Regardless of what you might read.. sim performance is NOT similar to the Canberra AT ALL :shhh: Unless you're running 2 x Crays.. you may wish to consider something else until the model is patched.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage