Engine Faliure

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Ralphc
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Engine Faliure

Post by Ralphc »

Hi...
I'm having a problem with my Lockheed Electra using Frazier's IFS Panel. After my taxi and going through the checklist (I'm not doing a cold and dark start BTW) As I increase the throttles slowly for TO RPM...Engine 1 fails..every time..She won't re-start either...Any ideas please? :dunno:
Thanks in advance
RalphC

aeroart
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Engine Faliure

Post by aeroart »

Hi Ralph,

Did you add Frazier's panel to the airplane or did the model come with it? If you added it, did you have any problems prior to installing it? If the latter, I suggest you remove Frazier's panel, download a fresh copy, and reinstall it again. Maybe the panel picked up an eveil spirit during the download.

Otherwise, I'm nor sure what to tell you. I've used Frazier's panels in a bunch of airplane and everything he does has been spectacular.

Sorry I can't offer more help.

Art

Ralphc
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ralphc »

Hi Art..
Thanks for the reply..I've had another look at this, I think I may have solved it. The AC Generators show that they've 'tripped' I reset them..Seems to do the trick. Problem then is, when I put them back to 'On' They still show as tripped. So maybe a reinstall is good idea. Fraziers panels are excellent..so it could be an "evil spirit" :-O
Cheers
Ralph

Charlie Hotel
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Charlie Hotel »

Ralph,

I had that problem as well if I advanced the throttle too quickly. Now I bring them up slowly to halfway, let it stabilize then up to a bit less than full. AC Generators 1, 2 & 3 always show tripped for me as well, Generator 4 works so I only turn this on.
The reason the engine does not start may be because the Feather button has popped out. Reset the Feather and manually restart the engine.

Hope this helps
CH

Ralphc
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Ralphc »

Hi CH...
Thanks for the reply..Not just me then ;) Hadn't thought of the Feather Button. That's good advice. Appreciate it.
Thanks
Ralph