Emirates Air Transport DC-7CF

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

fs10inator
Meteor
Meteor

Emirates Air Transport DC-7CF

Post by fs10inator »

On the 21st of April, 1958, a DC-7C, reg. N297, was first built for Northwest Airlines before conversion to freighter 5 years later. Then, in 1976, after flying for 15 operators, the plane was sold to a short-lived and not-so-well-known Emirates Air Transport, it's 16th and final operator, and the only operator in the UAE to ever operate a DC-7.

It was short lived due to the fact that in October of that same year, it hit Mount Kenya on approach to Nairobi, Kenya. CFIT claimed the lives of all 4 crew on board.

The following are screenshots of a repaint I made back in 2013 by analyzing the only image of an EAT DC-7 available, and recreating the EAT logo on the tail, and the titles on the fuselage. Unfortunately, the only Arabic word visible was the word for Emirates, and I could barely make out the second and third words, so they were pretty much guesses.

In short, the livery was not totally exact, but it was the best I could do.

And for the curious, here's a picture of the real TZ-ARC

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Emirates Air Transport DC-7CF

Post by DaveB »

Hmm.. that's a new one on me :)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

fs10inator
Meteor
Meteor

Re: Emirates Air Transport DC-7CF

Post by fs10inator »

Well, it sure is. Not sure why a UAE-operated plane has a Mali reg. prefix to begin with...

Oh, and also, the repaint is available at Simviation.