Just Flight Chippie

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

233SQN
Viscount
Viscount

Just Flight Chippie

Post by 233SQN »

I bought the Just Flight Chippie when it came out but couldn’t really warm to it. I’m trying again to like it, but it’s not easy!!

Are there any recommended tweaks to make the flight model more realistic (it seems to lift of after a very short run??) and the cockpit seems very dark which might be realistic, but is there any way of making a bit lighter?
Thanks

Colin Bear

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Just Flight Chippie

Post by petermcleland »

Whatever you do it will never be as good as Rick''s Chippie!

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Agreed Peter.

I bought it - wasn't impressed - went back to Rick's.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

A revision was released after a few of us made comment, but still not as good as Rick's in my opinion. Each to their own I suppose.

Martin

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Paul Frimston ( aka Delta558 here ) did a modified aircraft.cfg and .air file for the JF Chipmunk, but I can't find them at the moment. Hopefully he will be along shortly.

delta558
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by delta558 »

Yes, I did and unfortunately I lost virtually everything that was on my computer and backup drive earlier this year when I got hit with the Cryptowall 3 virus (sod's law, the external backup drive was attached, the virus wasn't spotted by my AV and it wasn't noticed by the firewall!). The FS stuff doesn't worry me too much, most of it I've already replaced and FSX is back (almost) to where it was before the virus. I did have a fright when I saw the number of files encrypted - somewhere over 200,000 - and though I'm a keen photographer I didn't think I'd taken that many pics. Turns out it had encrypted all the .agn files from my autogen scenery! I may have the Chippie files on a DVD somewhere - if I can find them I'll certainly post them for people to have a look and see if they're worth using. I'm currently up to the eyeballs with BAC 1-11 manuals, mind, so it may be a while!!!