Re: 1984 Big Brother Windows 10

Post by airboatr »

Sorry for suggesting that, I don't know what got into me. :hide:

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I have read the rollback is not 100%, if you have windows media center it's not restored. If your tempted to try w10, make a backup your system first, then if you don't like it you can just restore it. But after having it for a while I think will keep it. If nothing else I can use more memory with w10 than I could with w7hp.

A few months before upgrading I added 16gb to the 8gb of memory in my system and was surprised when it only registered 16gb accessible. Now with w10 it can use all 24gb.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

RobDob
Trident
Trident

Post by RobDob »

I tried the free Win10 update a few months ago; straight away I could not get on to the internet whatever I tried!! I reverted back to Win7.

Does anyone know of any common issues with Win10 & loss of connectivity?

Cheers

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I dunno about 7 to 10 mate but my laptop went from 8.1 to 10 seamlessly. They're both as bad as one another :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

My update from 7 to 10 was pretty seamless. Worst thing is something corrupted my itunes library and I have to rebuild it.
Joe Cusick,

Chris Sykes
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Chris Sykes »

blanston12 wrote:I have read the rollback is not 100%, if you have windows media center it's not restored. If your tempted to try w10, make a backup your system first, then if you don't like it you can just restore it. But after having it for a while I think will keep it. If nothing else I can use more memory with w10 than I could with w7hp.

A few months before upgrading I added 16gb to the 8gb of memory in my system and was surprised when it only registered 16gb accessible. Now with w10 it can use all 24gb.
Guess you were on 7 Home Premium, as that would only allow 16gb Physical Memory.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Chris Sykes wrote:
blanston12 wrote:I have read the rollback is not 100%, if you have windows media center it's not restored. If your tempted to try w10, make a backup your system first, then if you don't like it you can just restore it. But after having it for a while I think will keep it. If nothing else I can use more memory with w10 than I could with w7hp.

Guess you were on 7 Home Premium, as that would only allow 16gb Physical Memory.
Thats true, thats what I meant when I said I was using "w7hp"
Joe Cusick,

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Anyone using W10 but still using IE11 within it can tell me whether they have experienced a slow down to a crawl with IE11? I have and it has forced me onto Chrome which is super fast in comparison but I don't like the way it handles Bookmarks. I was used to the IE way where it was in a permanent list to the left of the IE Window. Now they are no longer permanenty there and require clicks to the menu to get them and even then they are clunky to use. Even the Chrome App Launcher is a bit of a nuisance.
Edge you say? Haven't warmed to that at all. The appearance is flat and unappealing and I miss the Google Toolbar for various applications within it. And i DO NOT like the way it handles Favourites.
Alex

Dev One
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Dev One »

Have you tried Opera? Not ideal, but I find it easy to use & display my favourites.
Keith

GHD
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by GHD »

Dev One wrote:Have you tried Opera?
Wot about ballet :hide:
George