Problem with Heron locked front wheel.

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Marijn
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: Problem with Heron locked front wheel.

Post by Marijn »

Hi Mike,

Thanks but I hope not, they all call me a cross-eyed bastard :lol:

waltsingpilot
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by waltsingpilot »

Great news,
Steering now possible, a great big thank you to all repliers, especially Marijn. I affected the aircraft.cfg changes as advised and, heh presto, steering is now possible. Hopefully if I keep watching this forum then perhaps one day I can return the favour. Well done. Just a heads-up on the Heron, although it is fitted with a radio-stack panel, (which I doubt looked like the real aircraft), there is no gps/nav button so, I BELIEVE, I THINK? the aircraft will not follow the magenta line on the model's Garmin! I have tried several flights and that has been my experience, the Dove can but the Heron cannot for me. :welldone: Walter/

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

:-O :-#
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Marijn
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Marijn »

Hi Walter

If you put the autopilot to NAV-hold it will follow the navigation radios, right? Same for the Dove as far as I know.
So you have to hit this little button (in the Dove's cockpit that is) to switch between NAV and GPS. If switched to GPS the autopilot is slaved to the GPS, if not it's slaved to the NAV-radios.
That button is rightly ommitted from the Heron's cockpit as GPS navigation did not exist then.
But....check in your settings > find keyboard assignements and check for NAV/GPS button.
That way you can assign a keyboard stroke or a button (from your gaming device) to this function. Next time you will fly and put the autopilot to NAV-hold hit this keystroke or the assigned button and presto!

happy flying,

Marijn