FRS.1 WIP...

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Re: FRS.1 WIP...

Post by Motormouse »

DaveB wrote:Hi Henk :hello:

During the Falklands conflict, reg marks under the wings were painted out as were RN titles and fin squadron markings. Warpaint#75 is currently winging it's way through the post for more reference :cpu:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
As were the buzz numbers. And dont forget 809 NAS jets that ferried direct to Ascension were a different shade of grey too. I have some pictures knocking around somewhere
Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yup.. matt medium sea grey on the fuselage and upper surfaces.. mixed (Barley) grey on undersides of wings and tailplane with pink/pale blue roundels. I doubt I'll be doing any of those as the model pi$$es me off so much :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

DaveB wrote:Yup.. matt medium sea grey on the fuselage and upper surfaces.. mixed (Barley) grey on undersides of wings and tailplane with pink/pale blue roundels. I doubt I'll be doing any of those as the model pi$$es me off so much :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
Personally I cant stand the bright yellow tip to the fan blades when seen from the front, the station ident codes for Gutersloh appearing on weapons pylons on Sea Harrier, seems as always some developers get praised for releasing poorly finished products while others get criticised for accuracy.

Ttfn

Pete

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Agree 100% Pete. Although released by Wilco, we all know who is behind it and their level of accuracy has become the stuff of legend 8) There are probably more things wrong with the GR3 and FRS.1 than there are right :wall:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

The thing that gripes me most is that there are people out here that have real experience on / with the platform
in real life, myself for example, Harrier and Sea Harrier from 81 thru 86. And talking about recent releases I offered them my copy of Fokker 27 manual but was poo-poohed as an amateur : Its one of my type ratings FFS!
Ah well, sorry for thread drift.

Ttfn
Pete

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

That speaks volumes for what they produce Pete and is hardly surprising. 8)

You rant on mate :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

rich byrne
Meteor
Meteor

Post by rich byrne »

DaveB wrote:Yup.. matt medium sea grey on the fuselage and upper surfaces.. mixed (Barley) grey on undersides of wings and tailplane with pink/pale blue roundels. I doubt I'll be doing any of those as the model pi$$es me off so much :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
What I find infuriating is the way the parking brake releases when you start the engine from cold and dark, ending up with you haring down the taxi way. Anyone know of a fix (if there is one?)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I dunno Rich. This is one of many idiosyncrasies with the FD 8) I try and keep the nozzles close to vertical but that's no guarantee. I've landed on deck before with the nozzles down and my finger on the brakes. I've then taken my finger off the brakes and the bloody thing has shot forward :dunno:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage