Orbx & Paypal

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Orbx & Paypal

Post by Nigel H-J »

I have just seen that Orbx are no longer accepting payment from PayPal, from what I can gather is that on transactions PayPal charge Orbx a certain percentage so now payments have to be made through Credit Cards.

It has caused quite a storm of protests from various members to the point that both Avsim Support Forum and Orbx have locked their threads on the subject.

So if you have any plans in making a purchase I believe that it can only be done now through Credit Cards unless of course that has since been changed.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Orbx & Paypal

Post by petermcleland »

I avoid PayPal like the plague anyway Nigel and have no problem with credit cards anyway :agree:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I've always used a credit card anyway, but apart from HD Buildings I don't see anything on Mr. Venema's Orbx 2017 roadmap that I'm going to want.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

I have always preferred on line payments using paypal, I would rather send the seller a specific amount of money rather than giving them my card number and hope they pull the right amount, and only use it once. Granted I use online credit cards a lot, but when I have the choice, I use paypal.

I used paypal for most of my orbx purchases, will be less willing to take the plunge again if I have to give them a real card number.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

petermcleland wrote:I avoid PayPal like the plague
Peter is ABSOLUTELY correct!!! Never never never use Paypal!!! And Orbx is RIGHT to dump Paypal and tell Paypal to take hike.

Regards,

Aharon

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Paypal is fine, it's ORBX you should avoid. :lol:
Dave G.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

I honestly can't see what's wrong with Paypal. I've used it for years and never had a problem :thumbsup:

On the other hand.. I had ORBX FTX England installed for 3 days.. enough time for it to destroy my FSX! It was then uninstalled and I vowed I'd NEVER to put ANY ORBX product on my pc again.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED :lol:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

DaveB wrote: I vowed I'd NEVER to put ANY ORBX product on my pc again.
OH NO OH NO there goes my dream of buying ORBX'sPAJN and PAKT sceneries. :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O Good thing I did not buy those yet before Dave B announced persona non granta classification on ORBX.

Regards,

Aharon

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

While many are of the same mind as me.. there are also a lot that love ORBX stuff. If you like it, buy it but don't let Paypal be the reason you don't. My 80yo uncle and aunt are dead against anything to do with buying things online.. unless that is they want something then they're more than happy for me to order it for them 8)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

I used PayPal a lot the last time I was on the internet but since I came back on I have not yet set up another account with them but found that the service I had with them was OK.

Basically it comes down to personal preferences, up to now I have just used my Card on the purchase with Just Flight but had no end of problems with the security password of that card :wall: :wall:

As for Orbx I am keeping away from using Central 3 as that completely bu**ered up my world scenery library and it took around 4-5 minutes to load the flight. Don't you just hate it when something works fine and then some-one comes up with an improvement and that improvement has the opposite effect of what it should do!! :rant:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.