Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver released

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver released

Post by DaveB »

I don't think it is mate unless you buy 'Steve's Fixer' to fix all the problems DX10 Preview causes. I've read a few times that Steve's Fixer is no longer on sale (withdrawn from sale) but I honestly don't know as I've never looked. Regardless.. I think it's fair to say that without this fixer.. DX10 Preview will remain pony on whatever rig you have. Some learned person may chime in and prove me wrong. All power to them if they do ;)

Incidentally, JF sent me a follow-up email today letting me know the 'DX10 only' issue has been sorted :cpu:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

WarHorse47
Comet
Comet

Post by WarHorse47 »

When I realized the earlier Helldiver versions needed DX10, I gave it a try. The Helldiver looked great, but my scenery was toast. Nothing but jaggies and a distorted view.

In researching DX10 I read where I would/should need to acquire Steve's FX Fixer. It took me awhile to find where I could purchase it. A video I watched on YouTube went into other changes I would need to make to my install just to get DX10 mode looking good and running smooth. Since I fly a lot of different aircraft including many FS9 port-overs, I decided to bag it and stay with DX9.

Every system is different. Last summer I replaced my video card. I stayed with ATI since I liked it, but still went through trial and error to change some graphic parameters in the FSX.cfg to get it back to a nice, smooth graphics. I really don't want to do that again.

If DX10 works for you, go for it. But its not the Holy Grail.

--WH

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

I confess I am a DX10'er and would be loathe to go back. It does require a lot of reading, researching and foutering about with plus purchases in order to get it pretty and working satisfactorily. Performance of the sim does improve under DX10 too but that may vary in regard to hardware etc. First off, Steve's fixer IS essential and seems to be still available https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com ... -purchase/ in Canuck money it is about $45.
Secondly, you would really need to run NVidea Inspector (Freeby :excited: ) how ATI users would get by I do not know.

I have no issues and I run FSXSE. I also had no issues when I ran FSXA but I could not get that to install under Win10 64. :rant: It was fine in Win7 64.

fouter
(foo·tir) Dialect, chiefly Scot.
1. ~n. one who muddles through; aimless, exasperating person (“Yer a fouter, gie it tae me, ah’ll dae it!“).
2. ~v. a fiddly, troublesome task or job (“This is a right fouter, this“) ~adv. foutering (“Yer foutering aboot! Stope it!“) [Similar to gitter]. :rofl:
Alex

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the translation Alex. Well done that man :thumbsup:

Rgr on the availability of Steve's Fixer too. My understanding of DX10 (as misguided as this may be) is that it offloads more of the graphics to the graphics card but there's obviously a lot more to it than that. At this stage.. I think I'll stay with DX9.. for all it's warts but DX10 is certainly another option to the evil P3D ;) My rig is such that I'm restricted in what is viable by the mobo. I could probably throw a newer graphics card in (one with a lot more ram in particular) but then.. the bottleneck would be the CPU/bus. Far too many options and very little money to deal with them :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!