Not FSX but This Sim is Brilliant!

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: Not FSX but This Sim is Brilliant!

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Mike, it now appears that you have to download the Mods from Steam. See here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... hp?t=24728
I thoroughly recommend this program which is definitely not an easy one to master. There are real pilots who measure their time on CLoD in the hundreds of hours. One person has over a thousand hours!
Even in the TWC Mission Server you can also be up against other humans but also the AI 109s' as well as the 110s' can really fly, the guy who runs TWC had spent thousands of hours programming the servers and AI aircraft which are deadly!!

Being a member of the TWC Crew they come from all across the globe, USA, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, UK plus many more.

All of them are fantastic and willing to help. To be truthful, I have hardly flown FSX since joining TWC and now doubt very much that I will buy any more a/c or add-ons for that matter.

Regards
Nigel
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Thank you Nigel. :thumbsup:
It didn't go quite as they said, but got there in the end.
Just did a couple of non-combat minutes in a Hurricane over the Channel...frighteningly realistic graphics reminded me of "Fighter Squadron".
I'll give it a further whirl after dark.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Pleased that you have got the updates Mike, hope you enjoy the challenge. have PM'd you.

Regards
Nigel.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

I must be blind or stupid. I tried to update it through Steam but it requires a Code of some type to d/l the updates. Nowhere can I find reference to such a code. Anyone with an idea?
Alex

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Alex, see link below, it gives you all the instructions needed. PM me if you still have problems.

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... post260595

Regards
Nigel.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

Vancouver wrote:I must be blind or stupid. I tried to update it through Steam but it requires a Code of some type to d/l the updates. Nowhere can I find reference to such a code. Anyone with an idea?
Alex, you also have to "opt in" to betas before they'll let you do it.
Like you, I left in frustration several times, even after following the link.
WHY they splash all these news updates in your face without giving a direct link to do the blasted thing is beyond me :wall: :wall: :wall:

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

Thanks for replies chaps. Turns out I am an idiot. It never occurred to me to actually press PLAY. It seems that the thing was updated with the patch behind my back, surreptitiously, on the sly. I pressed play and there it was a big MOD graphic on screen. Honestly, I used to hold down a responsible job, I can even do sums, adding up and take-aways....... :rofl:
Alex

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Good to hear that you have finally got it sorted Alex. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.

robbie
VC10
VC10

Post by robbie »

Spent more than 1 hour on Steam last night just trying to find my way around, it's far too complicated for my old brain, reminded me of why I deleted it 2 years ago, never going back again!!.

DogTailRed2
Concorde
Concorde

Post by DogTailRed2 »

So, I decided to re-download clod, with the latest patches and see what's cooking.
When using steam, down load the sim then from your steam library find CLOD and goto properties, then the beta tab. Your latest patch is here.

Getting controls to work. In case it's helpful to others your controls won't work in training missions while the trainer has control :wall:.
Took me a little while to figure that one out. Your naturel tendancy is to go into a training mission and check the controls but they won't work until the trainer gives you control and that can be quite a while.
The training missions seem a little bugged and it took my pilot ages to finally want to get to the runway and take off.
Also his flying style is a little abrupt shall we say.

Track IR. Seems a little gittery with CLOD, may need to tweak it a little.

Smoothness. Seems to be a lot smoother now. Not getting the pauses and lockups with combat over water, yet.
Free flight over land also seems smooth. Can't figure out external views yet?

Comms is still bugged. Can't make out any in game AI comms except in training missions.

Graphics. Dogs danglies as it always was.

Gun sounds. A little weak. Sounds like a frog farting underwater when you fire the guns.
Engine sounds. Not really hearing that Merlin. Sounds more like my local dust cart.

I guess this game should be judged on combat. More later....