Large Update Windows 10

The place for hardware and software issues, FS and non-FS related

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Large Update Windows 10

Post by DaveB »

I think that's a sound device Graham.. Dolby Theatre Surround or something like that. Inadvertently moved a speaker wire on my rig a few days ago and saw a DTS section in my sound devices.

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Filonian
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Filonian »

Cheers Dave.

Just curious as to how it suddenly appeared after the update.

All appears to be working correctly, so I'm not going to poke any monkeys.

Graham
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

No mate.. I'm with you there. I know it's nice to have everything ready should you ever want to use it but if everything you want is working as it should.. then I'd also be inclined to let it go. I never use DTS anyway and can hardly see the point on a pc.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Herkpilot1
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Herkpilot1 »

Thought I'd bump this thread as I got the "Creator coming" (ver 1704) message last week, and a ready to install advisory on friday. Finally told the machine to go ahead. Went smoothly but slowly, 1hour, 18 minutes, but all seems well. Load times may be slightly faster but all programs run as before. Have not discovered any glitches so far. Didn't see any new features that I'd ever use. Still use the old XP style icon based interface (whats an APP?) and all looks the same. Will wait for the dust to settle and look again later.

Took a short hop with F-27A SMF to SFO, all went well except for less than sprightly acft performance. I'm using RW weather and its 107 F (almost 40C) here today so its expected.

Running FS9 (all sliders full over),Cal Classic scenery / full CC AI, Win 10, i5 @3.1, 16G memory and NVidia 730GT

Hy

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Thanks for that Herky :thumbsup:

The boss doesn't have anything taxing on her laptop (i3 4gb) but I've had cause to start it up a couple of times since the update and it appears to have done nothing to speed it up.. if anything, the opposite. It doesn't bother her much.. she's not as impatient as I am :lol: I've dared not let it near my tablet and I think I'll keep it that way.
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

I notice that the Slideshow is broken by that big update...I hope they fix it as I have been building that folder for some time (it is nearing a Terrabyte on my expansion drive)...I liked it as it ran each picture for a minute...Now I have to just run it with the Screensaver and on "Long" it only shows a pic for about 10 secs.