Prepard3D v4

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Prepard3D v4

Post by TSR2 »

:cpu: Can someone remind me what else I need to do when changing a graphics card in P3D. I've done the shadders and cfg
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

Shouldn't need anything else doing Ben.
Dave G.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Cheers DG :thumbsup:

ImageImageImage

Nick M
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Nick M »

I'm a bit of a latecomer to the P3D party (only got v.3 last Autumn and I've now installed v.4 too) so I've only just cottoned onto the fact the fact that the software sneakily leaves gurt big folders (some 12 GB worth) lurking in the "C:\ProgramData\Package Cache" directory. And this is even if—like me—you've installed the actual simulator onto a completely separate drive.

Thanks to this discovery I reclaimed some 25GB from the smallish SSD I use for my system disk. I posted a bit more info here on the A2A forums if anyone else is in a similar situation.

Cheers,
Nick

DaveG
The Gurus

Post by DaveG »

That lots there so you can do a repair if needed.
Dave G.

Nick M
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Nick M »

DaveG wrote:
07 Jun 2017, 10:04
That lots there so you can do a repair if needed.
True and I didn't delete the files but rather moved them to a (much bigger) HDD. :) Just goes to show that it's worth keeping an eye on what installers leave behind cluttering up our systems. For instance, NVIDIA driver installers also tend to leave lots of unpacked files behind by default.

Anyway, SpaceSniffer is my new favourite bit of freeware! B-)

Cheers,
Nick

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Just a heads up, if anyone is using the Scotflight FSX for Photo Scenery, it seems to work well in V4. I've visited half a dozen airports and all is well. :thumbsup:

ImageImageImage

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Chaps,

My AI quest in P3D continues. I'm having some joy with MCX on the Trident and 1-11, but I'm learning as I go, so its taking a while. As an aside, has anyone managed to get the JY AI Lightnings to show up? They show up as transparent on my system, with only the lights showing. The textures are all DDS already. His Harriers, Canberra's and Buccaneers all work fine, so it might be an issue with my settings.

ImageImageImage

JohnD
Victor
Victor

Post by JohnD »

If your interested I have managed to get the following working in P3D v4

Scenery
1- VFR Genx - Volumes 1-8 inc
2- Treescapes - 1-8 inc
3- Scotflight
4- UK2000 VFR 1-3 inclusive - with the modifications suggested by Gary (UK2000)
5- UK2000 Extreme airports - as above, 18 so far
I have used the new installer for Norwich and it works a treat. Well done Gary. :thumbsup:
6- Earthsims Alderney, Guernsey and IOM. I can't get IOS to load from its disk. Something to do with ESI. :dunno:
I am using my FSX PC not connected to the internet and then copy the files over to my other PC for P3D v4.
7- FTX Australia
8- Duxford Air Show including the AI, They all work OK. :thumbsup:
9- I have modified Bruntinthorpe to include AI traffic to simulate the taxi runs. However I have special dispensation from the CAA to do one circuit and land! :hide:
All AI models are OK. I have 11 so far, 2 Lightnings, 2 Harriers, Sea Vixen, Buccaneer, Nimrod, Hunter, Victor, Vulcan and Valiant. I have borrowed the Valiant from Cosford but it doesn't have landing gear. (P3Dv4 problem. It's OK in v3)
10- Mega Scenery Ireland.
11- Eirsim Dublin.

All scenery is shared by P3Dv3 and v4.

Aircraft
1- Hawker Hunters by DaveG
2- Beagle pup by Robert Richardson
3- Jetstream by Rick and textures by Rui
4- Islander
5- Just Flight Hurricane and Spitfire.

Sadly I can't get the Skysim Hawk to run. It loads as a 'lego' brick, although it works OK in P3D v3. :'(

So far very pleased with the frame rates. Other than the AI traffic mentioned above I don't have anything AI yet. I may restore the default traffic to see how it performs.

Regards
John
I have the mind of an athlete, but the body of a spectator.

Rick Piper
The Gurus
Location: In front of screen learning 3ds max :/ ...............Done it :)

Post by Rick Piper »

Hi John

I will sort out Hawk when Tackpac for V4 is released as Guage that controls security is FUBAR in v4.

i'm on it mate.
just wish VRS moved a bit faster

Rick